Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 Mod Warning post #2237

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

kryogen wrote: »
    No, he said we found it hard even when we did have it

Implying it will be even harder this season, and telling him that he will be in for a shock.

Seems pretty clear that he is of the opinion United will struggle to attract high quality players to me Ted

ps, I am not making an argument, I am mentally bookmarking certain posts to return to later this summer

I am also pointing out flaws in some other peoples arguments.

So you really don't think it will be harder for utd to attract players this season. I'm talking about top players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I think I see reverse lights starting to flicker

Reverse lights? Is it Mata's car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Kirby wrote: »
    Reverse lights? Is it Mata's car?

Nope, just you, backing it up. Continue, its amusing.

niallo27 wrote: »
    So you really don't think it will be harder for utd to attract players this season. I'm talking about top players.

Have you answered me yet?

I would answer this only it seems rude to me that you are expecting an answer from me if you have not answered the question I have put to you twice now

Want it a third time?

Ok, Do you think United will be significantly hampered by this season in attracting players?

Have you answered me yet?

I would answer this only it seems rude to me that you are expecting an answer from me if you have not answered the question I have put to you twice now

Want it a third time?

Ok, Do you think United will be significantly hampered by this season in attracting players?

I didn't think I had to break it down for I thought it was obvious. It's late I suppose. Yes I do think utd will find it harder to attract players next season.

I didn't think I had to break it down for I thought it was obvious. It's late I suppose. Yes I do think utd will find it harder to attract players next season.

You don't need to break anything down, just answer a direct question really, apologies if you are tied (and possibly emotional) tonight

Nope, not simply find it harder.

The question is quite specific, do you think they will find it significantly harder, your continued avoidance of it gives me the answer I suppose.

He doth protest too much. You give off the vibe of desperation. Are you trying to convince him....or yourself?

It was a bad year. Suck it up and deal with it. You are deluded if you think missing out on Europe wont hurt you in getting in talent. Deluded.

He doth protest too much. You give off the vibe of desperation. Are you trying to convince him....or yourself?

It was a bad year. Suck it up and deal with it. You are deluded if you think missing out on Europe wont hurt you in getting in talent. Deluded.

I can just about make you out in the distance now, some good backtracking fella :)

It was an awful year by the way, not a bad year, an awful year. Think I have dealt with it pretty well tbf.

Deluded you say? Well by golly its a good thing for me I never said it wouldn't impact us at all then isn't it!

I would hate for you to think I was deluded

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

I'm starting to worry with all the Liverpool supporters saying that UTD won't be able to come back for years. After all they have experience of it.

• Advertisement

You don't need to break anything down, just answer a direct question really, apologies if you are tied (and possibly emotional) tonight

Nope, not simply find it harder.

The question is quite specific, do you think they will find it significantly harder, your continued avoidance of it gives me the answer I suppose.

Define significantly for me please.

Don't bother asking for his definition of significantly. Even he doesn't know what he meant by it. It wasn't even in his original post. He edited it in. I guess he thought "harder" wasn't pedantic enough. One ninja edit later and it became "significantly harder".

He's spouting nonsense.

And you thought you wouldn't have to break something down! :eek:
    Having or likely to have a major effect; important

Don't bother asking for his definition of significantly. Even he doesn't know what he meant by it. It wasn't even in his original post. He edited it in. I guess he thought "harder" wasn't pedantic enough. One ninja edit later and it became "significantly harder".

He's spouting nonsense.

Yeah, you're talking ****e there Ted

Significantly has always been a part of it, I welcome you attempting to prove that wrong, if something was edited a mod can by all means show the original post. I have no problem with it

And you thought you wouldn't have to break something down! :eek:

I wouldn't say it will have a major affect. I would say slightly less than medium affect. What can affect do you think it will have.

Yeah, you're talking ****e there Ted

Significantly has always been a part of it, I welcome you attempting to prove that wrong, if something was edited a mod can by all means show the original post. I have no problem with it

Who mentioned significantly anyway.

• Advertisement

He's spouting nonsense.

Here ya go Kirbster

The original post, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90253196&postcount=9778
    Kryogen wrote:
    Oh, you do want to play the charade out.

Ok, United is still one of the top 5 names in world football

Generate a massive amount of revenue and can easily pay huge wages

The likes of Chelsea and City have both shown that players will join CL football or not

One season out of the top 3 in 20 years can easily be excused

To think this season will have any great impact on the clubs ability to attract top players is kinda funny

Some players actually have a saviour complex and will want to come to be the guy to rescue United and bring them back to the top

Do you really think the club will be significantly any less attractive to potential targets this summer?

Hope that clears that up for you, now have you the balls to admit you are talking ****? (And getting thanked for it amusingly :))

Here ya go Kirbster

The original post, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90253196&postcount=9778

Hope that clears that up for you, now have you the balls to admit you are talking ****? (And getting thanked for it amusingly :))

You mentioned significantly. No liverpool fan did. What affect do you think it will have I'll ask again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

some childish ****e in the last few pages

nuxxx wrote: »
    some childish ****e in the last few pages

Indeed. The mental gymnastics some people will do knows no bounds. :p

Indeed. The mental gymnastics some people will do knows no bounds. :p

So you can't admit your talking ****, and wont admit you lied about me editing a post to include significantly into it.

No point in wasting more time with you so.

• Advertisement

So you can't admit your talking ****, and wont admit you lied about me editing a post to include significantly into it.

No point in wasting more time with you so.

Why won't you answer the question.

You mentioned significantly. No liverpool fan did. What affect do you think it will have I'll ask again.

I didnt say a Liverpool fan did, I asked you specifically (over and over again) do you think it will significantly impact the club, you answered now thank god

I think the club will be hampered by it in that they may have to offer higher wages to compensate for no European football in some cases, but its not something I would worry about as it is as of right now, a once off. It should not have any huge impact on whether a player will join or not.

If we were to miss out next season and the year after on CL football I think that would cause a significant amount of harm to the reputation of the club and the ability to attract the best players.

Why won't you answer the question.

The question you posed 6 minutes before I answered it?

Bit needy no?

Anyways, as you can see, I was answering it as you were posting. All happy now?

I didnt say a Liverpool fan did, I asked you specifically (over and over again) do you think it will significantly impact the club, you answered now thank god

I think the club will be hampered by it in that they may have to offer higher wages to compensate for no European football in some cases, but its not something I would worry about as it is as of right now, a once off. It should not have any huge impact on whether a player will join or not.

If we were to miss out next season and the year after on CL football I think that would cause a significant amount of harm to the reputation of the club and the ability to attract the best players.

Right that's sorted. Good night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

Right that's sorted. Good night.

How can you have a good night after throwing away a 3 goal lead to palace and losing nearly all hope of the title.

With Leicester getting promoted, if Macheda isnt off on a free this summer, any chance of squeezing a tenner out of them for him maybe?

Edit: Just to clarify, I know he is not on loan at Leicester! Just since we seem to have good relations with them and they will be on the look out for a striker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

If I was a team coming up and hoping to not get relegated Id try a safer option than Macheda.
    Id take him for free like, but I cant see there being any rush to buy him at premier league level just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Woke up there from a lovely dream that the Pool had just imploded in title race to a team from Manchester that turned out to have being failing financial fair play system and were relegated to League Two for 2014/2015 season....oh wait!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

safrjy5w.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

safrjy5w.gif

Shadow you're an evil man.....
    No camera kissing from Stevie Me this time eh!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭redalan

brinty wrote: »
    Shadow you're an evil man.....
    No camera kissing from Stevie Me this time eh!!!

That is mesmerising

• Its good to be back, pages and pages of juicyness to catch up on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Last home game of the season - possibly Giggs' last game at Old Trafford as a player. He should start himself and the only goal for the United players tonight should be getting Giggs a goal - nothing else matters!

Also reckon LVG will be announced today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

new thread by the end of today...
    here's hoping we've something exciting to start it off with..possibly a new manager who's not LVG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

season is nearly over thank heavens.

Just hope summer runs much smoother

brinty wrote: »
    possibly a new manager who's not LVG
    You are going to be disappointed. I'd be shocked if LVG isn't announced by tomorrow at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Harder than when?

Harder to attract players than last season? Maybe, but lets be honest our problem last season wasn't our ability to attract players it was our ability to target the right players, along with dithering Dave needing an eternity to get up to speed.

A lack of CL football for one season might affect our ability to sign the likes of Falcao, Ronaldo or Messi this summer, but so what? We shouldn't be in for those players anyway.

A lack of CL football for one season will probably not have any significant effect on our ability to get the players we actually need, some central midfielders and defenders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This is the last week we can call ourselves the champions.
    Make the most of it. I suggest we only refer to the club as the champions until Sunday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

This is the last week we can call ourselves the champions.
    Make the most of it. I suggest we only refer to the club as the champions until Sunday. :pac:

We could always use.... Next year is our Year!

• Advertisement

• Last home game of the season - possibly Giggs' last game at Old Trafford as a player. He should start himself and the only goal for the United players tonight should be getting Giggs a goal - nothing else matters!

Also reckon LVG will be announced today.

Agree, would be nice to see him as player / manager actually on the pitch.

On to topic of this season; looks like were gonna miss out on Europa league.
    I'm still not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Great for a title challenge; bad for revenue??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I'm still not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. Great for a title challenge; bad for revenue??

Im sure the club can handle 1 season out of Europe. It would always have to have been considered as a possibility, especially this season. Contingency plans and all that....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

If there is no europa to distract next season then i hope the new manager finds a settled team more often than the last few seasons. New players will need time to bed in and the more games played without chopping and changing has to help. That might mean a lot of disgruntled squad players but it has to be done at some stage

Antibac wrote: »
    We could always use.... Next year is our Year!

Pretty sure they have that copyrighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

seeing as comebacks were a big feature of fergies reign, how does last nights Palace comeback rank in terms of the best PL comebacks of all time?

would we have any that were better than that, taking into account the context of what it meant?

suppose the Spurs 5-3 would be our best, along with the 3-3 at Chelsea and then others such as the 3-2 v City, Villa and Blackpool and not forgetting the Macheda villa game 3-2 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Match thread, you're too slow today zerks.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057204414

• Advertisement

It would be better for revenue if we were in it - but in comparison to the accounts filed for this season, we will be fine. New sponsorship deals, the new Chevy deal kicking in and the new kit deal to be signed off very soon will more than cover the 25million in lost prize money from the CL next season, and a chunk of matchday revenue. PL prize money is also a massive increase this season so we will make more from finishing 7th this season than we did from finishing 1st last season.

Money wise, we aren't in trouble. If we fail to make the CL next season though, I can see it having problems with sponsorship etc.

If there is no europa to distract next season then i hope the new manager finds a settled team more often than the last few seasons. New players will need time to bed in and the more games played without chopping and changing has to help. That might mean a lot of disgruntled squad players but it has to be done at some stage

With the FA cup and CC there are still plenty of games to go around tbh, add to that the usual injuries we get and I am sure most of the lads can be kept happy enough, wouldn't hurt the squad to be streamlined a little bit anyway, add some more quality as opposed to quantity and hopefully when we return to the CL continue to build the squad again

Either way over the next 3 years or so Rio, Giggs, Evra, Vidic, Carrick, Fletcher, RVP, maybe even Rooney, will need to be replaced.

Young and Valencia, Nani appears to be on the way this year (again)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

It would be better for revenue if we were in it - but in comparison to the accounts filed for this season, we will be fine. New sponsorship deals, the new Chevy deal kicking in and the new kit deal to be signed off very soon will more than cover the 25million in lost prize money from the CL next season, and a chunk of matchday revenue. PL prize money is also a massive increase this season so we will make more from finishing 7th this season than we did from finishing 1st last season.

Money wise, we aren't in trouble. If we fail to make the CL next season though, I can see it having problems with sponsorship etc.

i wonder will Uefa find some way to get United into the Europa such as an extra fair play place or something like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

seeing as comebacks were a big feature of fergies reign, how does last nights Palace comeback rank in terms of the best PL comebacks of all time?

would we have any that were better than that, taking into account the context of what it meant?

suppose the Spurs 5-3 would be our best, along with the 3-3 at Chelsea and then others such as the 3-2 v City, Villa and Blackpool and not forgetting the Macheda villa game 3-2 also.

Everton at the end of 2007.

2-0 down there and win 2-4. Chris Eagles scored. Bug result as we had not won league in 3 seasons

i wonder will Uefa find some way to get United into the Europa such as an extra fair play place or something like that?

Can't see it, I know sky and them have suffered due to Uniteds dreadful season, and UEFA obviously would want them in the competitions for the interest people have, but can't see them doing anything too stupid to get them back in

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement