Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Superthread 2014 Mod Warning post #2237

1195196197198199201»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Liverpool fans are seriously over rating there team while completely underrating ours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭jane82

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Maybe Van Gahl will get the best out of him?? But in exactly what position is my concern.

I honestly think him and Hernandez up top playing the Andy Carroll knockdown role is use enough to keep him.
    I know I know we are united we dont play that way. We play loads of games where we sit on the edge of the box of the weaker teams with aimless crossing while they sit back. A battering ram like fellaini would have got us points like against Fulham.
    Im not saying its ideal but in the future (back in cl) big game midweek followed by a smaller team on a Saturday the two named lads would do a decent job.
    I doubt hed be any worse than Carrick at cb either.
    Theres two jobs he can do while he learns to do what he needs to do at cm.
    Hes also good to bring on in the last few minutes of a game to hold the ball in the corner.
    He will be kept around for his uses and I hope he excells in a yaya type role when he has a good dm beside him. Forget about price low wages will always be a good squad player at the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

10-04-2014, 19:20

10,000 posts in a month :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Except Cleverly???!

I dunno, I still think people are too hard on Cleverley. In a functioning team he'd be a useful squad player. #UnpopularOpinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

mike65 wrote: »
    19:20

:eek:

Chicken counting champions...
    It's actually 18:20 Mike.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Is Boards.ie and this thread done yet????

• jane82 wrote: »
    I honestly think him and Hernandez up top playing the Andy Carroll knockdown role is use enough to keep him.
    I know I know we are united we dont play that way. We play loads of games where we sit on the edge of the box of the weaker teams with aimless crossing while they sit back. A battering ram like fellaini would have got us points like against Fulham.
    Im not saying its ideal but in the future (back in cl) big game midweek followed by a smaller team on a Saturday the two named lads would do a decent job.
    I doubt hed be any worse than Carrick at cb either.
    Theres two jobs he can do while he learns to do what he needs to do at cm.
    Hes also good to bring on in the last few minutes of a game to hold the ball in the corner.
    He will be kept around for his uses and I hope he excells in a yaya type role when he has a good dm beside him. Forget about price low wages will always be a good squad player at the least.

Exactly what he's going to be for United. A utility player I'm afraid.
    But for stability we need a World class 11 to be at our best again. I may be repeating myself but I think we have had only two matches this season where we have started with the same 11, (Correct me if I'm wrong people).

I would love to know how Van Gahl rates him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Byeeeeee. Hopefully this is the end of the misery.....

• I dunno, I still think people are too hard on Cleverley. In a functioning team he'd be a useful squad player. #UnpopularOpinion

Fair opinion but as per Fellini, he's going to be a bit part player at most if Van Gahl comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Read elsewhere that LVG might be at the game tonight. Any truth at all?

It would fit my time line :)
    kryogen wrote:
    I have geared myself up to not hearing anything until just before the last home game of the season, at the earliest so maybe he can be in the stands or whatever for that. It doesnt bother me as long as the right candidate is brought in, there will be dialogue between the prospective managers and names and targets will surely be discussed once the negotiations progress to a certain level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

where we up to now....10,000+
    We are boards champions ;)

at least half of this thread was polluted by liverpool supporters

Good points of this thread
    No more Moyes
    Liverpool don't win title

Bad points
    still manager less
    no new signings
    cleverly is still there
    anderson is still FAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Someone start a new thread, the last time I done it a few posters cried like babies because a mod didnt open it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Liverpool fans are seriously over rating there team while completely underrating ours.

The table doesn't lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

brinty wrote: »
    where we up to now....10,000+
    We are boards champions ;)

at least half of this thread was polluted by liverpool supporters

Good points of this thread
    No more Moyes
    Liverpool don't win title

Bad points
    still manager less
    no new signings
    cleverly is still there
    anderson is still FAT

Half the thread was polluted by people talking about us, you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

djPSB wrote: »
    The table doesn't lie.

Your posts give me a great laugh... And they're never funny, if that makes sense? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Final Post?
    He let's it slip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

bmcc10 wrote: »

you could say the same about our fans too when it comes to judging both teams....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

you could say the same about our fans too when it comes to judging both teams....

Well theoretically, you can say anything.

Doesn't make it true though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

titan18 wrote: »
    Sack Moyes, sign new players!!!!!

Post number 2 from this thread. We are halfway there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

The end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That was quick.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement