Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self-Employed Mortgage

Options
  • 10-04-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭

I know that most of the banks state that they require 3 years of self-employed history and accounts to consider a mortgage application, but I was wondering if anyone has experience of this being in any way flexible i.e 2/2.5 years being accepted.

It will be a joint application with my wife who is in full-time permanent employment, however I think we need my salary accepted as it is the larger one. We have 4+ years of consistent savings history and since leaving my permanent job my salary has increased by 50%. Any point applying before I have 3 years completed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

I know that most of the banks state that they require 3 years of self-employed history and accounts to consider a mortgage application, but I was wondering if anyone has experience of this being in any way flexible i.e 2/2.5 years being accepted.

It will be a joint application with my wife who is in full-time permanent employment, however I think we need my salary accepted as it is the larger one. We have 4+ years of consistent savings history and since leaving my permanent job my salary has increased by 50%. Any point applying before I have 3 years completed?

In my experience, 3 years is not the only factor...
    2/2.5 year history of good income is better than 5 years history of average income.... so long as you are in a stable profession and not a fad short term position...

Advertisement