Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New developments in Dublin

Options
  • 10-04-2014 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

With all the the talk of a shortage of new housing stock in Dublin thought we could compile a list of new developments under construction at the moment or planning permission that has been granted for multipal units
    Might give us a picture of what's in the pipeline,

Grace park rd Dromcondra ,19 houses work just started,
    Mornington Ave Artane, 5 houses near completion.
    Clongriffin D13 ,a number of houses under construction

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭coolemon

The yard at the rear of "The Barn House", Dolphins Barn, Dublin 8, was granted planning permission in January for 3 three storey houses with balconies to the back overlooking the canal. An existing detached house on the site it seems will be renovated in the plan also.

The site itself used to be a canal harbour/basin but was filled in at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭lima

"SeaScape" in Dollwmount, Clontarf - the land where the Dollwmount House once stood, currently being buld by MKN. Looks near completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Ashley Hall, St. Edmunds in Lucan has just recommenced construction after a fire on the site last year.
    Apts and duplexes due for completion later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭MaxPower131

Five houses in The Paddocks, Adamstown under construction. Only started a couple of weeks ago and the roofs are already on. Its laughable when you hear media/builders say build costs are above sale prices. Although Michael Noonan has been suckered in by that:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mr.McLovin

Castleknock - where the garden centre use to be at the old race course, well they're advertising 3 and 4 bedroom houses although I haven't noticed any construction as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

sohappy wrote: »
    With all the the talk of a shortage of new housing stock in Dublin thought we could compile a list of new developments under construction at the moment or planning permission that has been granted for multipal units
    Might give us a picture of what's in the pipeline,

Grace park rd Dromcondra ,19 houses work just started,
    Mornington Ave Artane, 5 houses near completion.
    Clongriffin D13 ,a number of houses under construction

Not sure how that is Drumcondra, I would consider it Whitehall. It seems a bit of stretch to say Drumcondra considering I am sure it is in the Parish of Whitehall and minutes away from the Whitehall shops. Failing that it is more likely Marino than Drumcondra.

A shame they knocked down the lovely house that was there too.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

There's houses being built in Crumlin. Beside the bowling green in Pearse Park, next to the old church.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BookBook

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    There's houses being built in Crumlin. Beside the bowling green in Pearse Park, next to the old church.

The above are being sold by Murphy Mullan.

Also in Crumlin there are apartments being built at the back of St. Agnes Church carpark where the hall was (or used to be) and leading out on to the first few houses on Balfe Road East in Walkinstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Ashley Hall, St. Edmunds in Lucan has just recommenced construction after a fire on the site last year.
    Apts and duplexes due for completion later this year.

Is there a contact number. I am not able to find any details on the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭smallerthanyou

Mr.McLovin wrote: »
    Castleknock - where the garden centre use to be at the old race course, well they're advertising 3 and 4 bedroom houses although I haven't noticed any construction as of yet.

Construction has started. There's guys pottering about for the last two weeks but not any noticeable progress so far.

• Advertisement

suave.4u wrote: »

I'll try find one for you I live here so I don't pay attention to the billboards around the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Permission is been sought again in Rathfarnham Lodge Nursing home, Airpark Avenue for the construction of 23 houses, a mixture of 3, 4 & 5 bed houses.

This site was approved a while back, but it since lapsed.
    I think it is quite a small space to be squeezing in all these units, but with the current climate that we are in, I bet they will be snapped up.

The planning ref is SD14A/0066 if anybody wants to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭suave.4u

I'll try find one for you I live here so I don't pay attention to the billboards around the site.
    Thx man, PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

This is a new development by Flynn O Flatterty which was suppose to launch at Easter. They've been seeking interest from house hunters since Christmas with a webpage that provides no detail whatsoever. Its clear they are delaying progress until they see how the new development by Cosgroves in Castleknock fairs out launching about now. No details being provided and no indication of price, floor area etc. Very frustrating.

Theres a new phase of the Stocking Lane development being launched at present. 4 beds in excess of €450,000.

Also knight Frank new homes are launching 3 bed townhouses in Portmarnock at €365,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 kellygav

In Waterville (Blanchardstown), they are building an estate called Brandon Square which is all houses.

3 bed terraced @ 285,000
    4 bed semi @ €330,000

All have a min BER A3 rating and come with solar panels

Phase one and two have already sold out

kellygav wrote: »
    In Waterville (Blanchardstown), they are building an estate called Brandon Square which is all houses.

3 bed terraced @ 285,000
    4 bed semi @ €330,000

Went to see them and thought they were impressive. Decent finishes, utility, good size living room and bedrooms and most important feature was possibility of converted attic providing about 500 sq ft of extra living space for future upgrade

suave.4u wrote: »

Hey these are being sold by Nama so best bet is to keep an eye on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ting8

kellygav wrote: »

3 bed terraced @ 285,000
    4 bed semi @ €330,000

3 bed terraced is 282,000 now. I am interested in it and will keep an eye on it as well.

This is a new development by Flynn O Flatterty which was suppose to launch at Easter. They've been seeking interest from house hunters since Christmas with a webpage that provides no detail whatsoever. Its clear they are delaying progress until they see how the new development by Cosgroves in Castleknock fairs out launching about now. No details being provided and no indication of price, floor area etc. Very frustrating.

http://www.daft.ie/sales/house-bracken-park-carpenterstown-road-castleknock-dublin/928045/

these the house you refer to I presume?

• Advertisement

these the house you refer to I presume?[/quote]

Thats the Cosgraves Development alrite. Mad money.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

Seems to be a lot of activity recently around Broadfield Manor and the general Rathcoole area.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭rameire

the Sentinel Sandyford,
    is to start construction on completion of the property that is already there.
    http://www.comerproperty.ie/our-deve...inel-lettings/

The Sentinel will compromise of office, retail & apartments.

Also some building going on for new residential properties in Rathcoole
    Properties being built can be seen from the N7 just after the first Esso outbound and are off the Rathcoole Main street.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Thats the Cosgraves Development alrite. Mad money.

Insane money seeing that they've just upped the asking by another 45k a couple of days ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Want2know

Insane money seeing that they've just upped the asking by another 45k a couple of days ago!

Not sure if they upped the prices as they had 3 asking prices (See below). Maybe the one's priced at 610k have sold out??

€610,000 for the 4 bedroom house – Plan F (159 sq.m / 1,712 sq.ft)

€655,000 for the 4 bedroom plus study – Plan G (172 sq.m / 1,850 sq.ft.)

€775,000 for the 5 bedroom house – Plan B (238 sq.m / 2,560 sq.ft.)

Want2know wrote: »
    Not sure if they upped the prices as they had 3 asking prices (See below). Maybe the one's priced at 610k have sold out??

€610,000 for the 4 bedroom house – Plan F (159 sq.m / 1,712 sq.ft)

€655,000 for the 4 bedroom plus study – Plan G (172 sq.m / 1,850 sq.ft.)

€775,000 for the 5 bedroom house – Plan B (238 sq.m / 2,560 sq.ft.)

http://www.myhome.ie/pricechanges?RegionID=1456&LocalityIDs=1270

well it says it a price rise on myhome but you could be right

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BookBook

Ciaran_B wrote: »

These are called 'The Belfry' and are about to go on sale. 375k for the 3 story and 345k for the only two story. Gulp.
    They don't have a front garden but have parking space(s) instead.

They have them advertised as Walkinstown but they are smack bang between St. Mary's Church in Crumlin and Crumlin Bowling Club so they are really Crumlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭saranac1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

I hear that there is a big site to be opened in the Skerries area soon for 200 houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Cilar

Dunboyne Castle in Dunboyne and Summerseat Clonee are relaunching.

Advertisement