Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3D Playback on Windows 8

• 10-04-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I got a new Windows 8 HTPC. The computer is 3D compatible and I have a 3D TV. 3D playback is not working. I have tried the following apps and more VLC, XBMC etc, etc with no luck

When I enable 3d on my tv (SBS 3d) there boarders on the tv and also the 3d does not work. I have posted a few pictures up.

Can someone please assist

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭andy1249

First picture mentions Denon AV amp ?
    Is this 3D compatible , and is the amp and TV set to the same "flavour" of 3D as the PC ? SBS etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bunman12

How does the amp need to be 3d compatable?

The TV is SBS compatable and so is the PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭andy1249

Everything in the video chain needs to be 3D compatible.

Connect the PC direct to TV and it will probably be fine.

If the amp is not 3D compatible , it will not pass the 3D signal ! 3D over HDMI is a 2 x 1080p signal format , if the amp is not compatible it wont handle the signal properly and passes to the TV as a best guess 2D signal.

You want 3D through an AV amp , then you need a new AV amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bunman12

Hi

I was a bit slow on the take up there. The AMP is 3D Compatable. I have a 3D bluray player connected to the amp and everything on the tv come up in 3d SBS. I have removed the htpc from the amp and connected directly. Its still not working

Advertisement