Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl Meets World

• 10-04-2014 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,985 ✭✭✭✭

Basq wrote: »
    Now confirmed to be in development - a 'Boy Meets World' sequel series with Ben Savage (Cory) and Danielle Fishel (Topanga) confirmed to return!

Quote:
    Boy Meets World fans, meet the best news you’ll hear all day. TVLine has learned exclusively that Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel have officially signed on to reprise their roles as Cory Matthews and Topanga Lawrence in the red-hot Disney Channel pilot Girl Meets World.

The potential sequel series (which TVLine first told you about earlier this month) picks up more than a decade after Boy Meets World ended its ABC run and finds Cory and Topanga happily married and raising their 13-year-old daughter, Riley (from whose point of view the story is told).

The pilot is still in the very early stages of development with Boy Meets World creator and executive producer Michael Jacobs at the helm.
    Used to absolutely love this show when I was younger - but the real comedic stars were Rider Strong (Shawn Hunter) who I haven't seen since 'Cabin Fever' and Will Friedle (Eric Matthews) who I haven't seen since.. well, Boy Meets World.

Definitely one of the best written shows aimed primarily at a young audience when I was growing up..

The first teaser trailer out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think I only watched 1 episode of Boy Meets World, though that was more due to timing and lack of internet or Sky Plus. Though I was aware Topanga was hot. :)

But may check this out and see how it goes. If it's another Suite Life/Hannah Montana type show I'll stop. But if they deal with serious stuff as well as I know BMW did, I may keep watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Loved Boy Meets World back in the day. Will check this out in the hope that Cory and Topanga will feature heavily in it... Don't think the kids will hold my interest

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Boy Meets World only finished 10 years ago??!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Boy Meets World only finished 10 years ago??!

14 years ago. Ran from 1993-2000

For anyone interested, the first episode is out now. Though the show doesn't start for another month.

I haven't watched yet but may check it out tomorrow and see if I'll watch when it starts proper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I think I only watched 1 episode of Boy Meets World, though that was more due to timing and lack of internet or Sky Plus. Though I was aware Topanga was hot. :)

She was lovely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Topanga was a weird looking kid, she was beautiful but she looked like a beautiful adult,not a beautiful kid/young teenager.Her clothes ,her make up,her way over blow dried hair, everything about her looked completely wrong with Cory who appeared to be around 12.
    Now she is an adult she looks exactly the same as she did at 13 thus proving my point that she was oddly mature looking.

I know it's only 3 episodes in but I'm really enjoying this series more than I expected so far.

Though after the latest episode and going back to check, I think one thing that's gonna annoy me is how the history class seems to change students every time, apart from the main 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I tried to watch one for old times sake, seems I'm too old :(
    I could only tolerate a few mins of it.It feels very disney!

Advertisement