Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

worst nightmare

• 10-04-2014 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

My cat Sharpy was hit and killed by a car a few hours ago.
    2013-11-25%2017.46.16.jpg

I didn't take many pictures of him. I regret that now.

He was just over 2. I hope I can find somewhere nice to bury him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

Very sorry to hear that, it's a big fear I have with my own guy. Sharpy.. Cute name! I'm sure you will get plenty responses here of appropriate burial places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

So sorry to hear that, he looked a right little dude.

Know how you are feeling only too well, especially regarding the lack of photos, but happy memories will remain no matter what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

ah so sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

Thanks. We dropped him off at the vets for cremation. Extremely horrible day so far. Gonna take some time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Poor Sharpy, it's always heart breaking to lose them.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Happened to my darling in October. Same age and everything. It's so tough. I'll be thinking of you both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

I'm so sorry you lost your cat like that. It is a big fear of mine too and my last cat went missing and was hit by a car but i never found her, i did go out looking for her every night for a month though.
    Even if you don't have many photos you'll still have all the memories of your little darling Sharpy. Losing a pet is tough. Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Very sorry to hear. I have 3 cats (one went missing 16 month ago and never came home). This is as fear we have when we let them out. Your cat had a good life. So sorry to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

Im so sorry! That's devastating. It will definitely take a long time, losing a pet is really painful. Cats are free spirits so its really hard if not impossible to protect them. We just get to have the honour of knowing them for the brief time they are with us and grace us with their presence!
    I hope you can find some comfort while mourning the loss of your angel in a fur coat!
    RIP Sharpy xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Oh dear. So sorry to hear about poor Sharpy. Run free little one :(

Hope you feel better soon, OP. Is he coming home after cremation? I ask this because I had my big fella cremated separately. He's now where he belongs - next to me on my bedside table. I still wish him a good morning, and good night. Pure habit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭thegreatgonzo

Sorry OP, that's awful. I've lost a few to the road over the years too. Trying to keep my current boy indoors at night but he's a little escape artist.

Advertisement