Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi €10 voucher

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

By the way- the free chocolate reindeer in Aldi- is today, Saturday, and not tomorrow- Sunday. Its a Moser Roth chocolate reindeer- normal retail price 1.59. Quite nice- the kids are enjoying it anyhow..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Also i saw there was a Lidl voucher advertised on the front of a local paper this evening
    Interesting that. I also got one with the local paper (back of a Lidl mag.) here in Donegal yesterday but strangely last Sunday I didn't get the one that was supposed to be in the Indo. just like yours it was also advertised on the front page of the paper also.

last week i handed a Aldi voucher to a mother with 4 children in the queue as my mum didn't use it, as it's good to give back. :)
    Fair play to you. Nice to know there's still some decent people out there :).................mind you, the Sky reps over in the Talk To forum may not share that view :D

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

Anyone any idea if they'll run one for the week of New Year? Did they do one last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Not that i recall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

johnire wrote: »
    I wonder will they do like last year and have a €20 voucher off a shop over €100 the week before Christmas?
    Would it be possible to spend that much in aldi? They don't have a lot of stuff that you have to get elsewhere and their meat is dearer than dunnes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Would it be possible to spend that much in aldi? They don't have a lot of stuff that you have to get elsewhere and their meat is dearer than dunnes.
    Do a stock up on non perishables or food you can freeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

4 bottles of their Christmas Glen Marnoch (24.99) and a single generic mars bar (39c or so), sorted. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

vicwatson wrote: »
    Earlier in this thread about Nov one poster said it'll run every week to Christmas with prob 20 off 100 spend in last Sunday before Christmas.

I believe this poster. iirc its what they did last year too.

Lidl voucher in sindo and world this Sunday. same 10 off 50

AlDI always give s heads up on Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

wasn't aware of that and it's those two we do all our shopping in
    what meat I bought in aldi today certainly wasnt cheaper in dunnes but that
    was only a fresh chicken (3eu) diced lamb (5) rashers (1.99)
    dunnes sirloin might be a little cheaper and better imo (the one that costs 9eu+)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone know who has best deal for Heineken in either Aldi or Lidl at the moment?

Aldi were doing 20 bottles of Heineken during the week for €15

muffler wrote: »

I seen Bud and Carlsberg for €14.99 today but not Heieneken. I'll see when I;m going to use my voucher shor :D I seen the deal from last sunday on here people getting 2 x 12 cans of Heineken in Lidl. Anyone know if they're still on sale?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Those chickens in Aldi are amazing value for 3e

leahyl wrote: »

Eventually managed to find some in stock and grabbed 2 of them, for now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Streets_of Rage 2 Come_On

Sunday Independent for a voucher for Lidl and Aldi today (Sunday), yup?

• Advertisement

Sunday Independent for a voucher for Lidl and Aldi today (Sunday), yup?

Yes.

Ted posted above the Aldi one:

4NRHbZI.jpg?1

and here's Lidl one from Sunday World Facebook page:

NmoM2JC.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Eventually managed to find some in stock and grabbed 2 of them, for now :D

My mum picked up 3 today - 3 chickens for under a tenner! And they're not small, nice size!

My mum picked up 3 today - 3 chickens for under a tenner! And they're not small, nice size!

1.6kg beauties! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Streets_of Rage 2 Come_On

Aww, ya have to buy both papers?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

that's a great deal. is this still available?

• Advertisement

€2.45 for Sunday World

€2.90 for Sunday Independent supposedly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 Green Fish

I don't know - there is something about all supermarket chickens these days. Bland and high water content.

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    that's a great deal. is this still available?
    I got them on Thursday but Im not sure what way Aldi run their offers i.e. number of days or maybe beers/spirits might have different offer periods from foodstuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone know If the lidl voucher is at the back of their leaflet insert like last week or printed in the actual paper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

Aww, ya have to buy both papers?

In last week's sindo they had the also voucher on page 2 and there was a lidl magazine insert with a lidl voucher in it, worth chancing the sindo first in case its the same this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Got the Sunday world and it has both Aldi and Lidl vouchers. Lidl one is on the back of the leaflet insert and the Aldi voucher is on page 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

lindtee wrote: »
    Got the Sunday world and it has both Aldi and Lidl vouchers. Lidl ones are on the back of the leaflet insert and the Aldi voucher is on page 9.

Pictures or GTFO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

lindtee wrote: »
    Got the Sunday world and it has both Aldi and Lidl vouchers. Lidl one is on the back of the leaflet insert and the Aldi voucher is on page 9.

Does it also have a page of 50% off coupons this week?

donnacha wrote: »
    Does it also have a page of 50% off coupons this week?

No :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I'm going to the shop in ten.

What paper should I get? I hate both papers, but I want the vouchers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Couldn't find Aldi vouchers in the Sunday World- the Sindo has both (same as last week). So- one each Aldi and Lidl vouchers in the Sindo- perhaps someone else can confirm the Sunday World- I had a quick scan through it and could only find one voucher.

Couldn't find Aldi vouchers in the Sunday World- the Sindo has both (same as last week). So- one each Aldi and Lidl vouchers in the Sindo- perhaps someone else can confirm the Sunday World- I had a quick scan through it and could only find one voucher.

Page 9 in the Sunday World. There is no mention of it on the cover.
    10836471_755030597866875_1999886406_n.jpg?oh=9b001bbeac8e45e20fb6d3eacbd4bed7&oe=5486547E&__gda__=1418089502_3565a70debcae1a6eef3f654bf2a558e

the Sindo has both (same as last week)..
    I think that may very well depend on what part of the country you're in. I bought the Indo last week and again this morning and there is no Lidl voucher in it.

However one of the local papers here in Donegal carried the Lidl mag on Friday and it had the voucher (back of mag) which was the first time ever I seen this paper do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

I think that may very well depend on what part of the country you're in. I bought the Indo last week and again this morning and there is no Lidl voucher in it.

However one of the local papers here in Donegal carried the Lidl mag on Friday and it had the voucher (back of mag) which was the first time ever I seen this paper do this.

I heard my local centra was pulling out the magazines with the voucher because it was losing them business. i presume they aren't the only ones in the country doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭lowbatt07

Any idea if they are both in the Dublin version of the Sindo?

lowbatt07 wrote: »
    Any idea if they are both in the Dublin version of the Sindo?
    :pac::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I bought the sunday word but checked it first to make sure vouchers and mag were in them!! I then cut out the voucher and used the paper as part of my €50 spend in tesco :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

tantipie wrote: »
    I bought the sunday word but checked it first to make sure vouchers and mag were in them!! I then cut out the voucher and used the paper as part of my €50 spend in tesco :cool:

Every little helps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Lidl leaflet had gone missing from most copies in the petrol station I got mine in. Found one eventually

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 gerrykin22

Bought indo in tesco in galway this morning checked if it had the lidl mag which it had. Went to the checkout some scabby b****** had ripped out the aldi voucher from front of paper.
    Had to go get another paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

gerrykin22 wrote: »
    Bought indo in tesco in galway this morning checked if it had the lidl mag which it had. Went to the checkout some scabby b****** had ripped out the aldi voucher from front of paper.
    Had to go get another paper.

Seems to be all to common. In my book, removing thr insert or ripping the paper is theft. Many will see it as no harm but the same people would freak if someone short changed them by €10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

mikeecho wrote: »
    most hotels only supply Lite copies.. these dont have the vouchers
    Most maybe, but not all -FACT.

Can also confirm for the Sunday World. Just got it from my local Centra. Weird the way Lidl one is advertised all over the front but the Aldi one is actually printed into the paper whilst the Lidl one is on the back of the Lidl leaflet :S

NOW! Who has been in Aldi or Lidl today!? Heineken, much??

bVuwWQp.jpg?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭eoz

KOR101 wrote: »
    Most maybe, but not all -FACT.

I picked up the independent in a hotel recently. Voucher was not advertised on the front but was in it.
    The independent is great value these days:)

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Sorry if this has been asked before but are these vouchers (Lidl & Aldi ones) definitely also accepted by Tesco? There's no barcode on the Aldi one which seems a bit unusual so just wondering if that would make a difference to Tesco accepting it.

Just a word of warning too, none of the Sunday Worlds in my local supermarket had the Lidl magazine in them, bought the Sindo instead, so do check beforehand. Not sure if it was an "oversight" on the part of a staff member or whether some early bird customer nabbed all the worms!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but are these vouchers (Lidl & Aldi ones) definitely also accepted by Tesco?

100%
    yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lumbarda wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked before but are these vouchers (Lidl & Aldi ones) definitely also accepted by Tesco? There's no barcode on the Aldi one which seems a bit unusual so just wondering if that would make a difference to Tesco accepting it.

Just a word of warning too, none of the Sunday Worlds in my local supermarket had the Lidl magazine in them, bought the Sindo instead, so do check beforehand. Not sure if it was an "oversight" on the part of a staff member or whether some early bird customer nabbed all the worms!
    yes they scan a barcode that says competitor coupon then they put in the value, no probs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

eoz wrote: »
    I picked up the independent in a hotel recently. Voucher was not advertised on the front but was in it.
    The independent is great value these days:)
    Yeah, picked up a few when I saw the Ash Vacuum on offer from Thursday. Then, got home and did some googling. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lads for anyone who bought the Sunday World for the Lidl voucher and it wasn't in it well Lidl themselves seem to be well aware of the problem of vouchers going missing so they put on their ad that if your voucher wasn't in the paper then you should email customer.services@lidl.ie and my guess is they'll email you one to print off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Adrian J Lynch

Thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement