Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi €10 voucher

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

myshirt wrote: »
    Has anyone taken the liberty of using the vouchers to fund some ostrich steaks? They look tasty. Contemplating it.

Got them in the past, are they still 6.99 odd? Tasty if cooked properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭meolwan

Can the Aldi and Lidl vouchers be used to purchase beer, spirits and wine ?
    Looking for some cheep brandy for cooking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

meolwan wrote: »

they can

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

meolwan wrote: »

They sure can. I think 99% of boardsies here used them to get some sort of alcohol :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,931 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nunu wrote: »
    I want to buy a kindle paperwhite in Argos. It's €139.

So, if I get three €10 Aldi/Lidl vouchers am I right in saying I can buy three €50 Argos vouchers in Tesco and save myself €30?!

Not every sales assistant will let you buy gift vouchers; its a normal exception on Tescos own vouchers but not specified on the Aldi/Lidl ones as Aldi/Lidl don't sell third party gift vouchers so would be extraneous. Ditto smokes and lotto tickets which you can't use money off coupons on by law - neither sell them so don't mention it.

If you get away with it, go for it. If not, all you've wasted is a few minutes for a potential 30 quid gain. You'd really need to separate the transactions for a better chance though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

L1011 wrote: »
    Not every sales assistant will let you buy gift vouchers; its a normal exception on Tescos own vouchers but not specified on the Aldi/Lidl ones as Aldi/Lidl don't sell third party gift vouchers so would be extraneous. Ditto smokes and lotto tickets which you can't use money off coupons on by law - neither sell them so don't mention it..

Isnt that the reason the Aldi brothers fell out....

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Nunu wrote: »
    I want to buy a kindle paperwhite in Argos. It's €139.

So, if I get three €10 Aldi/Lidl vouchers am I right in saying I can buy three €50 Argos vouchers in Tesco and save myself €30?!

If you go to the checkout with only gift cards, I'd say you've next to zero chance of being able to use a spend and save voucher. But if you put one or two in with at least a similar value of regular shopping, you'd have much more likelihood of success.

BTW, gift cards can't be purchased at self-service checkouts.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Isnt that the reason the Aldi brothers fell out....

Yeah, we have the brother who said no I presume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

I bought €50 of Argos vouchers + 2 large sausage rolls(€1) in Tesco for a total of €51 and used my lidl voucher to pay €41

The Argos vouchers are activated at the till (not self service) and take a few days for the credit to be applied. I chanced going to Argos straight after as I had a reservation but the card had a zero balance

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bought two €10 Argos vouchers today in Tesco along with other stuff to get over the €50, no issue

• Advertisement

Like a gob****e. I bought €36 worth of stuff in Aldi this morning. Only hit me when I got home that I could have gotten a box of beer or €10 worth of free food steaks ANYTHING if I had of just spent €4 more. Had a spare voucher at home and all :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Like a gob****e. I bought €36 worth of stuff in Aldi this morning. Only hit me when I got home that I could have gotten a box of beer or €10 worth of free food steaks ANYTHING if I had of just spent €4 more. Had a spare voucher at home and all :'(

You have to spend €50 or more to get €10 off so you'd have to have put €14 towards your €36 spend? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭questionmark

anybody know if theirs going to be vouchers in this weekends papers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

€10 for Lidl in the Sunday Independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

You have to spend €50 or more to get €10 off so you'd have to have put €14 towards your €36 spend? :confused:

But he'd get a tenner back. :eek::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

PeteFalk78 wrote: »
    But he'd get a tenner back. :eek::confused:
    No one gets anything back.

muffler wrote: »
    No one gets anything back.

Ok Pedantic Pat but you should know what I mean

Ok Pedantic Pat but you should know what I mean
    But you questioned lilybarlean's post which btw was 100% spot on so Im not sure where you're going with this.

But you questioned lilybarlean's post which btw was 100% spot on so Im not sure where you're going with this.

Her post is incorrect. He would have to play 40euro net using the voucher.

Yes the shopping has to come to €50 but then you only pay €40 for it so like I said paid €4 more and would have gotten €10 worth of freebies.

• Advertisement

Her post is incorrect. He would have to play 40euro net using the voucher.
    Unfortunately you have to spend €50 for the voucher to work. You cant walk up to the till and say "here, take this voucher and I'll give you the balance" if it comes to more than €40. Tills dont operate on a "net" basis and you accuse me of being pedantic :P If you can get the shopping for exactly €50 then the voucher price can be deducted and you are effectively out of pocket just €40.

But look its all swings and roundabouts with the bottom line being that the shopping bill must total a min. of €50 with that amount rung up at the till. But you know that anyhow.

Unfortunately you have to spend €50 for the voucher to work. You cant walk up to the till and say "here, take this voucher and I'll give you the balance" if it comes to more than €40. Tills dont operate on a "net" basis and you accuse me of being pedantic :P If you can get the shopping for exactly €50 then the voucher price can be deducted and you are effectively out of pocket just €40.

But look its all swings and roundabouts with the bottom line being that the shopping bill must total a min. of €50 with that amount rung up at the till. But you know that anyhow.

Seriously. WTF.
    In this case the customer wouldn't have to give the cashier any more than €40 .......AT ANY STAGE. The worth of the basket is €50 but the customer never has to part with that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Ah for feck sake!!! ;-) Pete is right. The OP spent €36 so had he spent another €4,bringing his actual spend to 40,he could then have helped himself to €10 worth of stuff for free. This would make the perceived spend €50 but due to the voucher,the actual spend is still €40.

The OP never needed to have any more than 40 on him. He spent 36 so yeah,just needed to spend another 4.

It's not that complicated tbh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 922 ✭✭✭styron

The important point surely is - try to rescue the tenner by using the voucher by close of business tomorrow Sunday!

Last week's Lidl mag in the Sunday World gave the second of four €10 vouchers for the "4 weeks leading up to Christmas" stating:
    Watch out for next week's voucher in the Sunday World

Pretty certain the final Lidl voucher will be in the 21/12 edition

styron wrote: »
    The important point surely is - try to rescue the tenner by using the voucher by close of business tomorrow!

As far as I remember, Aldi vouchers are always valid until close of business the following Sunday so they should have the whole weekend to reverse this catastrophe! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭crayon80

Quackster wrote: »
    As far as I remember, Aldi vouchers are always valid until close of business the following Sunday so they should have the whole weekend to reverse this catastrophe! :D

And for anyone planning a big shop in Lidl on Sunday
    I've spent my Lidl one this week but I think it was only valid until Saturday.

Told Mummy Connor White Whimper to try with the two vouchers again today and to ask the checkout lady to stop at €50 and start again. Got told No again and that it was too busy. To be fair the Crescent is usually bananas on Fridays and this close to Christmas it was probably like something out of a Black Friday sale......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Told Mummy Connor White Whimper to try with the two vouchers again today and to ask the checkout lady to stop at €50 and start again. Got told No again and that it was too busy. To be fair the Crescent is usually bananas on Fridays and this close to Christmas it was probably like something out of a Black Friday sale......

Split it in two on the belt- and put 50 in both sections. Tesco will always say its too busy- so do the work yourself. For the sake of 30 seconds sorting your groceries on the belt- you save an extra tenner. Its not rocket science.

Sorry, you're right - the one I still have is valid until close Sunday 14th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Lidl ones valid until Saturday. Aldi ones until Sunday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

KOR101 wrote: »
    Lidl ones valid until Saturday. Aldi ones until Sunday.

Yup- noticed this- the Aldi ones are 8 day vouchers- the Lidl ones 7 day vouchers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Dammit, you could have got some ostrich steaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Spent the Lidl one today in Tesco. Free bottle of wine. :-D

Off to Aldi tomorrow to use last Sunday's one there. If they don't have what I want, I'll just buy loo rolls. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are both Aldi and Lidl in Sunday world today ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

vicwatson wrote: »
    Are both Aldi and Lidl in Sunday world today ??

Yes both are in the Sunday world and there is a pull out with the 50% off vouchers again for things like bombay mix, cashews, mince pies and more.

10863697_758099430893325_1543592457_n.jpg?oh=1a0a984739451b7427441235e3924c38&oe=548FCC5E&__gda__=1418715262_97a21ba12a21a9f9762e48c0b682132d

10859454_758099474226654_1885829238_n.jpg?oh=5500a1adc8694093e4d1ef48ab9274c7&oe=548FE850&__gda__=1418723776_3c65cf71d469900a5481d07015b5799f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭crayon80

Fantastic, thanks Lindtee. You've taken all the mystery and uncertainty out of my Sunday morning voucher-paper-run!

Just got the Indo there and it has the usual Aldi voucher on page 2. However this week there was also a Lidl mag included with a €10 voucher in it. For the last 3 or 4 Sundays we didn't get the Lidl mag with the Indo......here in Donegal btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭kn

Aldi have cut the slab of Guinness to €26 so you can get 48 cans for a net €42 with the voucher. They are also advertising the Smirnoff Vodka 70cl for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

many thanks lindtee, all the information we need in one simple post!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Mollyd90

Just got the Indo there and it has the usual Aldi voucher on page 2. However this week there was also a Lidl mag included with a €10 voucher in it. For the last 3 or 4 Sundays we didn't get the Lidl mag with the Indo......here in Donegal btw

I got the lidl mag every week expect this week in the indo... I really wanted it this week :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Sorry if this has been asked before but i can't see it - can these vouchers be used in a Tesco online shop?

Mollyd90 wrote: »
    I got the lidl mag every week expect this week in the indo... I really wanted it this week :mad:

If the Lidl mag is missing you're meant to email customer.services@lidl.ie

They usually look for the front page of that Indo or Sunday World as proof of purchase, but they'll send you a €10 voucher. May not get to you before Christmas at this stage - but you won't be "out of pocket".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭moodswing

Sorry if this has been asked before but i can't see it - can these vouchers be used in a Tesco online shop?

As far as I am aware they can only be used in the store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Didn't know the Lidl vouchers expired on Saturday until I went to part pay in Tesco today :o.
    Thankfully had an Aldi one with me as well :D.

You can give them to the delivery driver and they should be taken off and refunded. In theory.

L1011 wrote: »
    You can give them to the delivery driver and they should be taken off and refunded. In theory.

Yeah, the delivery drivers are meant to accept them as long as you have spent the required amount. The value of the voucher is then credited back onto the card you paid with.

Worked for me anyway during the week with a SuperValu voucher.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Had to take the Sunday World out of the recycling bin and actually browse the pages of it to find the money-off vouchers, as I didn't realise there were some. Thought they'd be on the same page as their advert with tenner off voucher

These vouchers are great! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Yeah, the delivery drivers are meant to accept them as long as you have spent the required amount. The value of the voucher is then credited back onto the card you paid with.

Awesome, i have a delivery coming in the morning so ill try it with an Aldi voucher and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭moodswing

Do you have to email customer service in advance or anything or just hand to driver?

moodswing wrote: »
    Do you have to email customer service in advance or anything or just hand to driver?

Nope, just hand it to the driver!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement