Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could this dream have been a warning? Someone interpret please (preferably someone sp

• 11-04-2014 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

The reason I asked for someone spiritual is because I don't know much about demons other than what I've seen in movies but there was a demon in this dream and it wasn't like any movie I'd seen.

It's happened occasionally in the past where I would dream something and it would vaguely or specifically happen in reality very shortly after. It can be random things or important things. For example, I dreamed once that my step sister got lice and transferred it to my biological sister. Before this dream, I hadn't even heard the word lice since I was back in elementary school so there was no precursor. Well, the next day my dad found lice on my step sister. I told my bio-sister to be careful but she didn't take my warning and 3 days later she got it. That's just one minor example. There have been more serious dream cases too. I don't know though, if it is just coincidence each time.

This time, I dreamed that my mom and sister were staying at a hotel and something was off about it and there was a demon who resembled an old hag who ended up possessing my sister and causing other harm to others I love. In the dream, there was fire and terror and some fighting. I don't get along with my sister so I don't know if it's just that I'm rationalizing how much of a *cough*b!tch*cough* she is. Anyway I still love my sister and this dream really worried me. I had that dream last night. My mom and sister left for vacation today and were supposed to go straight to the condo, but ended up having to stop at a hotel and now I'm very nervous because it was a very vivid dream and felt like a warning and nobody expected they'd have to stop at a hotel but that just goes right along with the dream.

Am I just being paranoid? Does the old hag lady represent a demon in any mythology or religion?

If not a warning, I'd like to know more about what this dream might represent from my life.

Thank you to anyone who offers input!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Summer519 wrote: »
    The reason I asked for someone spiritual is because I don't know much about demons other than what I've seen in movies but there was a demon in this dream and it wasn't like any movie I'd seen.

It's happened occasionally in the past where I would dream something and it would vaguely or specifically happen in reality very shortly after. It can be random things or important things. For example, I dreamed once that my step sister got lice and transferred it to my biological sister. Before this dream, I hadn't even heard the word lice since I was back in elementary school so there was no precursor. Well, the next day my dad found lice on my step sister. I told my bio-sister to be careful but she didn't take my warning and 3 days later she got it. That's just one minor example. There have been more serious dream cases too. I don't know though, if it is just coincidence each time.

This time, I dreamed that my mom and sister were staying at a hotel and something was off about it and there was a demon who resembled an old hag who ended up possessing my sister and causing other harm to others I love. In the dream, there was fire and terror and some fighting. I don't get along with my sister so I don't know if it's just that I'm rationalizing how much of a *cough*b!tch*cough* she is. Anyway I still love my sister and this dream really worried me. I had that dream last night. My mom and sister left for vacation today and were supposed to go straight to the condo, but ended up having to stop at a hotel and now I'm very nervous because it was a very vivid dream and felt like a warning and nobody expected they'd have to stop at a hotel but that just goes right along with the dream.

Am I just being paranoid? Does the old hag lady represent a demon in any mythology or religion?

If not a warning, I'd like to know more about what this dream might represent from my life.

Thank you to anyone who offers input!

http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Demons: To see demons in your dream indicates that you may be experiencing or inflicting fear, emotional distress or physical abuse in your waking life. Demons are also symbolic of ignorance, negative habits, and of your shadow self. Perhaps you are being overindulgent and letting some negativity give way to your better judgment. Alternatively, the demons may represent a past secret that is still haunting you.

To dream that you are possessed by demons indicates ultimate helplessness.

Hag: To see a hag in your dream represents the "Wise Old Woman" figure and thus refers to nurturance. Negatively, to see a hag in your dream signifies the devouring mother.

Hotel: To see a hotel in your dream signifies a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. You are undergoing some sort of transition and need to move away from your old habits and old way of thinking. You need to temporarily escape from your daily life. Alternatively, the dream may imply a loss in your personal identity.

Fire: Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolize destruction, passion, desire, illumination, purification, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. If you are not afraid of the fire and it is under control or contained in one area, then it is a symbol of your own internal fire and inner transformation. Something old is passing and something new is entering into your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. If the fire is encircling you and someone else, then it signifies your bond to that person. The two of you share something significant. The dream may be a metaphor for someone who is "fiery". It can also represent your drive, motivation, and creative energy. Alternatively, the dream may be warning you of some dangerous or risky activities. You are "playing with fire".
    To dream that you are being burned by fire indicates that your temper is getting out of control. Some issue or situation is burning you up inside. To dream that you can bend fire refers to your ability to control your anger.
    To dream that a house is on fire indicates that you need to undergo some transformation. If you have recurring dreams of your family house on fire, then it suggests that you are still not ready for the change or that you are fighting against the change. Alternatively, it highlights passion and�the love of those around you.
    To dream that you can start fire with your hands represents anger that you are trying to repress. You have difficulty expressing yourself and tend to overreact. To dream that you put out a fire signifies that you will overcome your obstacles in your life through much work and effort. If you are setting a fire to something or even to yourself, then it indicates that you are undergoing some great distress. You are at the brink of desperation and want to destroy something or some aspect of yourself.

Burning: To see something burning in your dream indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions and/or passionate sexual feelings. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore. Alternatively, it may suggest that you need to take time off for yourself and relax. Perhaps you are you feeling "burned out" or "burned up".
    To dream that you or someone is being burned alive suggests that you are being consumed by your own ambition.

Mother: To see your mother in your dream represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development. To dream that you are having sex with your mother implies that you are becoming like your mother. No matter how hard you try to deny it, you feel her influence. The dream may also be a graphic way of how you need to incorporate some of her qualities within your own self.
    To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out with your mother. To hear your mother call you in our dream suggests that you have been negligent in your duties and responsibilities. You are pursuing down the wrong path.
    To dream that you are being told that your mother is dead means that you are feeling neglected. You feel that your mother or some motherly figure in your waking life is not being responsive to your needs. She is not showing enough compassion or other emotions.
    If you are not a mother in your waking life, but dream that you are a mother, then the dream is a metaphor that you need to show more of your nurturing and caring nature. You need to be more compassionate. Perhaps you are coming across as too indifferent.

Sister: To see your sister in your dream symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturance, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role. Or the dream may also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has characteristics similar to your sister. Alternatively, your sister may be a metaphor for a nun. In this case, she may represent some spiritual issues.

If you do not have a sister and dream that you have one, then it signifies feminine qualities that you need to activate or acknowledge within your own self. Pay attention to the actions and behavior of your dream sister

I got all off that above the site. Does any of it perhaps ring a bell with you, dreaming is meerly just us going through whats going on in our lifes, but can manifest itself in weird ways

This video better explains how dreams are formed

I hope thats of some help and comfort to you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Summer519

A lot of that could make sense! There is so much going on in my life right now. Originally, I was just worried about their vacation because that was the obvious part of my dream. Long story short, my sister and I don't get along well and I'm happy to get a break from her but I also feel guilty about thinking that way. Also, my boyfriend was in the dream (not a significant part of the dream but still there) and at the moment, I'm worried about our future. He still has a lot of schooling left and we've been together since a very young age so I'm afraid I might lose him as we grow and change. The biggest thing that can be connected here is that I am at a point in my life where I feel I am getting nowhere. I'm scared about my future. I feel helpless and even hopeless. I keep trying to make positive changes to get ahead in life but everything backfires and I feel like I give so much for everyone I know and love and even for strangers that I'm losing myself. I didn't even think that could be connected at first, but it makes sense now! I worry sometimes, because on occasion my weird dreams will happen in some similar way or sometimes exactly how I dreamed them. Of course that could be coincidence and it's good to know that I'm most likely just making sense of my mixed up emotions subconsciously.
    HugsiePie wrote: »
    http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/

Demons: To see demons in your dream indicates that you may be experiencing or inflicting fear, emotional distress or physical abuse in your waking life. Demons are also symbolic of ignorance, negative habits, and of your shadow self. Perhaps you are being overindulgent and letting some negativity give way to your better judgment. Alternatively, the demons may represent a past secret that is still haunting you.

To dream that you are possessed by demons indicates ultimate helplessness.

Hag: To see a hag in your dream represents the "Wise Old Woman" figure and thus refers to nurturance. Negatively, to see a hag in your dream signifies the devouring mother.

Hotel: To see a hotel in your dream signifies a new state of mind or a shift in personal identity. You are undergoing some sort of transition and need to move away from your old habits and old way of thinking. You need to temporarily escape from your daily life. Alternatively, the dream may imply a loss in your personal identity.

Fire: Depending on the context of your dream, to see fire in your dream can symbolize destruction, passion, desire, illumination, purification, transformation, enlightenment, or anger. If you are not afraid of the fire and it is under control or contained in one area, then it is a symbol of your own internal fire and inner transformation. Something old is passing and something new is entering into your life. Your thoughts and views are changing. If the fire is encircling you and someone else, then it signifies your bond to that person. The two of you share something significant. The dream may be a metaphor for someone who is "fiery". It can also represent your drive, motivation, and creative energy. Alternatively, the dream may be warning you of some dangerous or risky activities. You are "playing with fire".
    To dream that you are being burned by fire indicates that your temper is getting out of control. Some issue or situation is burning you up inside. To dream that you can bend fire refers to your ability to control your anger.
    To dream that a house is on fire indicates that you need to undergo some transformation. If you have recurring dreams of your family house on fire, then it suggests that you are still not ready for the change or that you are fighting against the change. Alternatively, it highlights passion and�the love of those around you.
    To dream that you can start fire with your hands represents anger that you are trying to repress. You have difficulty expressing yourself and tend to overreact. To dream that you put out a fire signifies that you will overcome your obstacles in your life through much work and effort. If you are setting a fire to something or even to yourself, then it indicates that you are undergoing some great distress. You are at the brink of desperation and want to destroy something or some aspect of yourself.

Burning: To see something burning in your dream indicates that you are experiencing some intense emotions and/or passionate sexual feelings. There is some situation or issue that you can no longer avoid and ignore. Alternatively, it may suggest that you need to take time off for yourself and relax. Perhaps you are you feeling "burned out" or "burned up".
    To dream that you or someone is being burned alive suggests that you are being consumed by your own ambition.

Mother: To see your mother in your dream represents the nurturing aspect of your own character. Mothers offer shelter, comfort, life, guidance and protection. Some people may have problems freeing themselves from their mothers and are thus seeking their own individuality and development. To dream that you are having sex with your mother implies that you are becoming like your mother. No matter how hard you try to deny it, you feel her influence. The dream may also be a graphic way of how you need to incorporate some of her qualities within your own self.
    To dream that you are having a conversation with your mother denotes a matter that has preoccupied your mind and you are not sure how to deal with it in your waking life. It indicates unresolved problems that need to be worked out with your mother. To hear your mother call you in our dream suggests that you have been negligent in your duties and responsibilities. You are pursuing down the wrong path.
    To dream that you are being told that your mother is dead means that you are feeling neglected. You feel that your mother or some motherly figure in your waking life is not being responsive to your needs. She is not showing enough compassion or other emotions.
    If you are not a mother in your waking life, but dream that you are a mother, then the dream is a metaphor that you need to show more of your nurturing and caring nature. You need to be more compassionate. Perhaps you are coming across as too indifferent.

Sister: To see your sister in your dream symbolizes some aspect of your relationship with her, whether it one of sibling rivalry, nurturance, protectiveness, etc. Your sister may draw attention to your family role. Or the dream may also serve to remind you that someone in your waking life has characteristics similar to your sister. Alternatively, your sister may be a metaphor for a nun. In this case, she may represent some spiritual issues.

If you do not have a sister and dream that you have one, then it signifies feminine qualities that you need to activate or acknowledge within your own self. Pay attention to the actions and behavior of your dream sister

I got all off that above the site. Does any of it perhaps ring a bell with you, dreaming is meerly just us going through whats going on in our lifes, but can manifest itself in weird ways

This video better explains how dreams are formed

I hope thats of some help and comfort to you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭del88

It was a dream ...nothing more..if in the past you've dreamt of something that has vaguely come true it was at best something that you subconcience had all ready worked out, at worse a coincidence.
    Maybe you are anxious about something , might be family related .
    I wouldn't worry about you sister doing harm to other family members ,a sure sign of anxiety is irrational fear of you or others doing harm that be completely out of character ..
    (not unless she starts growing horns and wings,then I'd sharpen up a stake and kick some demon ass)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Not being smart, but what's a condo?

Advice given by a very high spiritual teacher many years ago..................................you can have confusing dreams "if you eat too much cheese and crackers before bedtime"

The same applies to shell fish.

Bet they are having a great time, maybe the lesson is for you, so that you can affirm for yourself that you are well capable of meeting every unfolding life situation as it happens!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JosephineArceo

You no need to worry about your dream some times people which think they dream also about that so you need to check out the dream dictionary for you dream mean because when I saw a weird dream then I checked out the dream dictionary for my dream mean. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement