Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am looking for a new used first car

Options
  • 11-04-2014 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi looking for a car for my first time. i want to spent no more then 1500 but cheaper the better. any idea were i can go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Hi looking for a car for my first time. i want to spent no more then 1500 but cheaper the better. any idea were i can go?

Have a look in with the cullen brothers on the green lane. They have a yard beside the esb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

iano.p wrote: »
    Have a look in with the cullen brothers on the green lane. They have a yard beside the esb.

Had a look the lowest price car was a 2003 Toyota Yaris for 2600. would it be unrealistic to look for a car around 1000 to 2000 mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

With that budget you're better off going private.

Most dealers won't stock much/anything at that price, and even if they do you won't get a whole lot of comeback on it anyway.

Had a look the lowest price car was a 2003 Toyota Yaris for 2600. would it be unrealistic to look for a car around 1000 to 2000 mark

You wont get much of garage. Buying Private would be best for that price. What kinda car you after

You wont get much of garage. Buying Private would be best for that price. What kinda car you after

• Advertisement

iano.p wrote: »

Id be looking something afe as i have 2 young kids and something that is low milage and if a 1.1 to 1.4 then good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Id be looking something afe as i have 2 young kids and something that is low milage and if a 1.1 to 1.4 then good.
    Have a look in the North or UK, might be worth the trip and VRT considering how cheap the lower value used cars are there compared to here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Are you fussy about the age of the car?

You could find a 02 or maybe a 03 astra 1.4 for that money and its a safe car. But you will have to go private

sopretty wrote: »
    Are you fussy about the age of the car?

it would have to be 2005 onwards but if a 99 to 2003 came up is pretty good nick id consider it (well my wife would :D)

• Advertisement

it would have to be 2005 onwards but if a 99 to 2003 came up is pretty good nick id consider it (well my wife would :D)

You're kinda screwed at that figure (or your wife is).

You will be very hard pressed to find anything but a lumbering eejit of a non NCT'D, non taxed, high engined car, made in 05 for that money.

Remind me, how many kids does your wife have?

Cant see you getting to a 05 or if you do ask yourself why its so cheap no point taking a risk if the kids will be in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It's condition and history of car you need to dwell on at this price. A well minded serviced 00 car vs a shoddy ill treated 2005 car is a far better prospect. Take year out if the equation and focus on car condition. And go private.

Advertisement