Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching agreed unit price value saver DD & online

Options
  • 11-04-2014 8:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Recently switched providers to Electric Ireland rate applicable is ValueSaver DD & Online billing rate quoted at the time of switching was to be 16.41c inc Vat, but 17.01 is what is on my first bill. Does 17.01 include Vat?

Is it possible to see what I signed up for compared to what is on my bill including the standing charge & PSO levy please. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi amber2,

Thanks for your post.

The last electricity price change took effect on 1st January 2014 - you can find further details here.
    amber2 wrote:
    billing rate quoted at the time of switching was to be 16.41c inc Vat, but 17.01 is what is on my first bill. Does 17.01 include Vat?

As you can see from the following screenshot, the 17.01 figure does not include VAT. 16.41 is the effective unit price with direct debit & online billing discounts applied. We quote the unit rate inclusive of your discounts for information purposes only; however, the unit rate displayed on your bill will be the unit rate before discounts. You will see your discount total as one line item at the end of your bill.

302649.png

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭amber2

Hi amber2,

Thanks for your post.

The last electricity price change took effect on 1st January 2014 - you can find further details here.

As you can see from the following screenshot, the 17.01 figure does not include VAT. 16.41 is the effective unit price with direct debit & online billing discounts applied. We quote the unit rate inclusive of your discounts for information purposes only; however, the unit rate displayed on your bill will be the unit rate before discounts. You will see your discount total as one line item at the end of your bill.

302649.png

Regards,
    David

I switched well after the 1st of jan and here is a screen shot of prices that were quoted to me when I switched at the end of Feb which are shown inclusive of Vat 14.46 exc Vat.

amber2 wrote:
    here is a screen shot of prices that were quoted to me when I switched at the end of Feb which are shown inclusive of Vat.

Thanks amber2. Yes, this agrees with the screenshot I previously posted - the 0.1446 and 0.1641 figures (third row) are the Valuesaver rates with direct debit and online billing discounts included, and these are also detailed in your own screenshot.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭amber2

It's made as clear as mud on the bill but looks to be pretty clear when your switching.

Thank you for the quick explanation tho.

No problem amber2, I can certainly understand where the confusion arose.

If we can be of any further assitance please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
Advertisement