Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom v Tottenham

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Can anyone pinpoint when we became a laughing stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

We need an entire new back 5 for next season, what we have is off the chart poor! I'm all for stability but some of these players wouldn't even get in a poor Championship side.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

tom1ie wrote: »
    Can anyone pinpoint when we became a laughing stock?

Here's a better link Tom

http://www.stadium-live.com/Channel4.html

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Rose and Naughton must be the two worst full backs in the Premier league,West brom targeted Rose 1st half and he was destroyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Domo82

Really hope united finish above us to keep us out of the europa.focus on top 4 next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

What were does comments after the Sunderland match again..

"if we win all our remaining games we might finish 4th"

"go unbeaten to the end of the the season and we might get top 4"

"if we win X remaining games we will finish with more points then last season".

Domo82 wrote: »
    Really hope united finish above us to keep us out of the europa.focus on top 4 next season.

Should be no problem for United, they way we are playing:rolleyes:

Sherwood has the Air of a Manager who know's he's going soon.

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭awkwardboy

Thats the ideal scenario I agree but we are so far off being a top 4 side it is untrue. It's April and we are struggling to get a positive goal difference. That says it all really. Whoever comes in won't be a magician. Looking at whats on display today shows how far we have fallen. Its a sorry mess which is quite depressing really

:pac: COYS

Kane at last!! and Lennon actually got a decent cross in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

Well done Kane; two starts, two goals!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Domo82

awkwardboy wrote: »
    Thats the ideal scenario I agree but we are so far off being a top 4 side it is untrue. It's April and we are struggling to get a positive goal difference. That says it all really. Whoever comes in won't be a magician. Looking at whats on display today shows how far we have fallen. Its a sorry mess which is quite depressing really

Very true. It depresses me to think we had bale modric and rvd all in the middle and now we've an inexperienced 19 yr old and siggy in our recent line ups.dont get me wrong,I like the two lads but they couldn't lace the boots of the other 3

6 Mins Injury time :eek:

I sure picked the wrong Week to give up sniffing glue

llOYD.jpg

Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll :p

Yeeeeeeeeessssssssss,good man Eriksen!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Should have won it. Had plenty of chances but still, coming back from 3-0 is good. Plus scoring away from home is always nice.

Peter Ustinov say it all aboot our defending :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

What ever about the comeback to go 3 down against WBA is nothing short of disgracefull, end of story... It not Barcelona away here. I know they are scrapping for points at the bottom of the table but to give away 3 goals???:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Glebee wrote: »
    What ever about the comeback to go 3 down against WBA is nothing short of disgracefull, end of story... It not Barcelona away here. I know they are scrapping for points at the bottom of the table but to give away 3 goals???:confused:

Nobody likes watching Spurs lose or drawing against teams we feel we should be beating but its all for the best if we avoid that stupid annoying boring europa fukn crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Apparently chirches was awful today and didn't look like he wanted to be there

Another terrible day and performance from us today. Two down after a few mins is embarrassing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

What an awful team we have.the most expensively assembled mid table team in premier league history.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Levy better get the appointment this summer or we are going to be lower mid table fodder.

I thought this season would be one step back before going two steps forward but we are going back 7-8 years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Why are people still moaning?

Everton and Arsenal are fighting for 4th spot. We keep picking up points we're gonna have Europa league next season.

Not winning is a better result than winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

irishmover wrote: »
    Why are people still moaning?

to answer this question see this thread here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057115014
    People should be moaning as this season has seen us take a step back akin to 6-7 years. Primarily down to Dim sherwood... but the bigger picture of course is his appointer D. Levy

to answer this question see this thread here...
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057115014
    People should be moaning as this season has seen us take a step back akin to 6-7 years. Primarily down to Dim sherwood... but the bigger picture of course is his appointer D. Levy

That has nothing to do with it now being a mission to avoid Europa league. A win against West Brom wouldn't have changed the chances of getting CL. We're not finishing 4th regardless of the result yesterday. Moan about the manager if you want but the season is over and things will, ironically, get worse if we keep winning games.

If you thought there was hope of finishing top 4 with a win yesterday then you're as silly as Tim Sherwood. We need to avoid EL and we need rid of Sherwood. This result and performance is helping to achieve both

So what's the plan next year with no European football for spurs. Concentrate in a top four and get hammered if we qualify for champions league. If we can't do well in Europa we have no hope in champions league. Ok you might get an extra days rest but the players should be fit enough for that.

So what's the plan next year with no European football for spurs. Concentrate in a top four and get hammered if we qualify for champions league. If we can't do well in Europa we have no hope in champions league. Ok you might get an extra days rest but the players should be fit enough for that.

Why don't you ask that to Liverpool who are currently in a three prong title race having had no European football this season.

Would they be right where they are now with EL? Not a hope in hell.

irishmover wrote: »
    Why don't you ask that to Liverpool who are currently in a three prong title race having had no European football this season.

Would they be right where they are now with EL? Not a hope in hell.

So would spurs if we had Suarez and Sturridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Fully agree. I don't get this anti Europa thing. We have an easily big enough squad to have managed a good europa run and challenge in the league, it's all about the manager and the quality of players.

• Advertisement

No way would Liverpools thin squad have lasted this entire season without getting injuries, Particularly to those two players, for the entire season.

All the stars have aligned for Liverpool this season and that definitely includes playing up to 13 games less than the teams around them. With EL football they'd have been out of the race long ago.

Playing EL isn't totally comparable to CL either, you've got stupid traveling in EL you wouldn't be doing in the CL.

Spurs lost 6 league games directly after EL football this season. Coincidence? I don't think so. Just think about the position we'd have been in if three of those losses were wins due to having a full weeks rest.

Advertisement