Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

West Brom v Tottenham

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jason 5pu45

I can understand why some folks don't want to see us in the Europa next season.
    It does give a squad more of a chance to concentrate on the league.We had no European football when we finished 4th in 2010.

However I don't see us challenging the top 4 next season.Chelsea,Man City and Arsenal will all invest heavily.Man Utd will not be as bad again next season.

Our squad is simply not good enough.So many mediocre players need to go-Dawson,Naughton,Lennon,Siggy,Rose.Some of our top stars will want to leave-lloris,Vert,Paulinho and maybe Eriksen(though I hope not).

We may be annoyed that these players want to leave but I wouldn't be.They were brought to the club under false pretences.We promised them a club on the way up- challenging for top 4 etc,and we didn't deliver.Simple as.

Which leaves our incoming manager,who should be given sole responsibility for transfers,the job to do the following :

1.Give Kyle Walker a kick in the arse and tell him to start defending again or jog on.

2.Decide is Capoue a centre half or centre midfield and tell him to up his game in his designated position.

3.Make Sandro captain and tell him he's the man who has to kick start a new team and make him the leader.

4.Try to make Bobby Soldado into the player he was.you don't get called up to one of the best international squads in modern history by being poor.

5.Find out where are they holding Eric Lamela.

6.Use the money we get from sales to buy a strong centre back and two full backs who are well coached in the art of defending.W

I think we need to be realistic and acknowledge that we won't be challenging top 4 next season.We are going into transition and we have to give our new man a season to sort this lot out.

Who knows we may not finish near the top 4 but we could give 1 of the cups a good rattle.

I would gladly take a league cup or FA cup and a top 6 or 7 finish right now.

Wouldn't it be great to see us lift a trophy next season whatever happens in the league?

Here's hoping

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Did our fans boo during the minute silence for hillsbrough?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Am I right in thinking if you win the Europa league next year you now automatically qualify for the cl the following year. Rules just got changed this year. Does that change anyone's stance on qualifying for the Europa league?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Did our fans boo during the minute silence for hillsbrough?

Heard that on off the ball alright. Villa fans done the same thing. Bunch of morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

tom1ie wrote: »
    Heard that on off the ball alright. Villa fans done the same thing. Bunch of morons.

Disgusting cnuts

• Advertisement
Advertisement