Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan eFibre (older estates)

Options
  • 11-04-2014 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have been looking at arranging eFibre at my address in Balbriggan. The eircom broadand site says that eFibre is available in Balbriggan but when I check my phone number and address, it says that eFibre is available but not at this address.

Is there a plan to enable eFibre for the estates that were 'skipped' when Balbriggan was being enabled?

UPC were in the area recently and appeared to be signing up new people for their Broadband service.

Thanks in advance,
    F.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

Same question as above.eircom site says we have efiber but when I rang it's not available :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Guys,

Although eFibre may be available in your areas different addresses within the exchanges are being upgraded at different times. However feel free to check back with us again in a couple of months and hopefully we'll have better news for you then :)

Thanks,

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi Guys,

Although eFibre may be available in your areas different addresses within the exchanges are being upgraded at different times. However feel free to check back with us again in a couple of months and hopefully we'll have better news for you then :)

Thanks,

Tony
    Ok, thanks for getting back, Tony.

Unfortunately, I had been doing that for most of the last year since eFibre went live in Balbriggan. So, I guess it's back to sit and hope (or call UPC).

Thanks again,
    F.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

No worries and I do apologise.

If we do get further info on this we'll be sure to let you know.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kjmulhol

Hi Tony, do you have an update on efiber availability @ Hampton cove estate Balbriggan?

Thanks
    Kevin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kjmulhol wrote: »
    Hi Tony, do you have an update on efiber availability @ Hampton cove estate Balbriggan?

Thanks
    Kevin.

Hi Kjmulhol

I can confirm that while efibre has launched in some areas of balbriggan unfortunately Hampton cove and the immediate surrounding area (Fancourt) are not scheduled for efibre works. The current plans available are predicted to cover this year. I've contacted efibre operations who have advised me that we should have more news on this area in early 2015 if you would like to get back to me then.

Thanks

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kjmulhol

Hi Alan, thanks for the reply. This is really disappointing. I was expecting efiber to be available much sooner since there has been a lot of eircom activity around the entrance to fancort heights recently. A couple of weeks ago I switched to eircom from Vodafone in the hope that efiber was imminent and while waiting I would get better DSL speeds. However, I now have a higher ping and my profile has been reduced from 7mb/s to 5mb/s leaving me much worse off than before. I've made numerous calls to eircom support but they are very reluctant to increase my broadband speed. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kevin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kjmulhol wrote: »
    Hi Alan, thanks for the reply. This is really disappointing. I was expecting efiber to be available much sooner since there has been a lot of eircom activity around the entrance to fancort heights recently. A couple of weeks ago I switched to eircom from Vodafone in the hope that efiber was imminent and while waiting I would get better DSL speeds. However, I now have a higher ping and my profile has been reduced from 7mb/s to 5mb/s leaving me much worse off than before. I've made numerous calls to eircom support but they are very reluctant to increase my broadband speed. Any suggestions  would be much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Kevin.
    Hi Kjmulhol

I'm sorry I could not offer better news on the efibre coverage, the best thing I can advise in relation to your speed profile is to get on to support via web chat [font=Times New Roman","serif]http://www.eircom.net/about/contact/[/font][font=Times New Roman","serif]  where they can look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Advertisement