Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice welcome

Options
  • 11-04-2014 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Presently bidding on a property we love. However the EA told us that the very large garden at the front/side of the house has alledgedly been sold to the neighbours. He told us this 3 weeks ago & that he was looking into it and would get back to us the Monday after the Saturday we viewed. We have been bidding on the house. But I sent an email to EA yest looking for an update on the garden? He replies "In regards to the garden. All we could find out was it was sold. Unfortunately we have no further details." What?? How does the selling of a garden work ? Surely it's legally registered like the sale of a house? If no paper trail then it's not sold? I'm wondering if the previous owner sold it but get paid into hand without documents?? Surely someone wouldn't be that stupid though? The house is being sold by the bank by the way. The fact they can't find out the information amuses me. The land was advertised when house was put on the market. The previous owner seen this, rang the EA and alleged the land was sold! Any advice much appreciated??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Can you find it here http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/

Make your deposit subject to conditions and don't cheap out on a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Can you find it here http://www.landregistry.ie/eng/

Make your deposit subject to conditions and don't cheap out on a solicitor.

Can't look at that link on my phone :( will check on my laptop later. But yes the solicitor we have is very good and I've no doubt she'll unearth what the outcome is with the garden. Just mad that this wasn't specified before house put up for sale. It's a fine sized garden :( and there's not much of a back garden so this would compensate for the lack of the same. And then there's the issue of what is going to be done with the land?!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Sounds like you shouldn't bid anymore on the house. Regardless of the nature of the garden being sold, what you are bidding on is a house minus the garden

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You also need to make sure there are no services under the garden you need to get at if something goes wrong like suerage, you'll need a leeway from the owner of the garden. Say that to the solicitor they more then likely know already. You don't want to have up go to court when the toilet stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Marchbride wrote: »
    ! Any advice much appreciated??

Withdraw your bid until you get clarification on what you are bidding on. Without seeing the site i would guess that you could have issues if the garden is not part of the property with services and right of access.

• Advertisement
Advertisement