Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewire

Options
  • 11-04-2014 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

I know this question has been asked lads but I can't find a definite answer,

A friend has asked me to look at a house he is potentially buying,house needs a rewire!can it be rewired by a non registered sparks and then certified by someone else?

There is still a connection to the esb!
    Cheers lads

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I know this question has been asked lads but I can't find a definite answer,

A friend has asked me to look at a house he is potentially buying,house needs a rewire!can it be rewired by a non registered sparks and then certified by someone else?

There is still a connection to the esb!
    Cheers lads

Simple answer No.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

The legal position is that only a Registered Electrical Contractor is permitted to rewire and certify a domestic installation. Neither the ECSSA or RECI are permitted to certify domestic installation work for non registered electrical contractors anymore. This has nothing to do with electrical qualifications.

This thread is not the place to argue/discuss the rights & wrongs the Restricted Works legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Thanks 2011 just wanted a definite answer,without the rights and wrongs!!

Advertisement