Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richie Sambora - solo gig - Olympia 30th June

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Looking forward to this so much! Didn't think he would come to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

got mine:D really looking forward to this one

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Got mine too. Must refresh my memory on his solo stuff. Have stranger in this town album somewhere

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

His solo stuff isn't great bar a few songs. I'd like to see him but not sure it's worth the 40 quid tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barbaraG

Cannot wait seen him in London in 2012 going to see him in Dublin Belfast and Glasgow cannot wait the man is a god and now that Ori is with him it should be great

• Advertisement

nearly there:D - hoping he plays 'Learning how to fly with a broken wing' and 'These Days'

seems the gigs are 2 hours plus too!!!

Really excited for this :)
    He is gonna be amazing.

Been playing some of Stick to your guns. Hopefully will have that in Dublin.
    And he did some of All That Really Matters at one show....fingers crossed for that! Anything from Undiscovered Soul is good for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭thebiglad

I have 2 tickets for tonghts show and will not be able to make it.

Pity to waste them so anyone want to take the tickets PM me - they are e-tickets so I can email them to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

thebiglad wrote: »
    I have 2 tickets for tonghts show and will not be able to make it.

Pity to waste them so anyone want to take the tickets PM me - they are e-tickets so I can email them to you.

Pm you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Tickets still available (I am not charging for them - just cannot go and would rather they get used) - gutted to be missing this but cannot be helped...

They are e-tickets so I can email them to you - PM me if you can definitely go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really enjoyable gig (all the more so with the free tickets from thebiglad (thanks again!))!!

Good mix of his solo stuff and some big Bon Jovi tracks. Really liked the heavier sound of some of the solo work and was great hearing songs like These Days and Wanted Dead or Alive in such an intimate venue.

Only thing that fell flat to me was bringing on the local singers for Livin' on a Prayer. Just felt a little like X Factor for that song. I suppose it would be probably the most "Jon" of Bon Jovi's most famous tracks so Richie may not want to sing it himself.

All in all though, it was a great gig and would go see him again the next time he is back.

made my way to both the gigs - overall the Olympia was better imo with the exception of the radio nova competition winners murdering Livin on a Prayer - similar job done to Lean on Me in the Ulster Hall - some of the performers acting like they didnt want to be up on stage with the band!! why did they enter then??

all of his solo stuff came over very well and very heavy - first 4 songs in Belfast were blistering but it seemed to level out and Ori took a break at one stage and it took a few minutes for Richie to decide how to fill in -

crowds were excellent both nights and all in all a great experience seeing the man do his own thing in two great venues

Really enjoyed the gig. Love Richie and got up to third row so was thrilled to be so close.
    He voice was great and he mostly remembered to sing :)
    Prayer sucked. He should have kept it was lean on me as with all other gigs for the finalists.
    Only disappointment for me was the setlist. Was hoping so much. To hear him sing Stick to your Guns as it's one of my favourites. And wanted to hear The Answer.

Overall though fantastic gig! So glad he came to Dublin this time round.

Advertisement