Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 4s not receiving or making calls

• 11-04-2014 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Looking for some help from those more knowledgeable than me. My iphone 4s is not receiving or making calls. I get a text message saying that someone tried to call me but that's it, the phone doesn't ring. All apps, internet, wifi, texting, twitter etc are working. I have turned the phone on and off but that made no difference. Does anyone have any suggested solutions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Try hard restart.

Hold the home button and lock button at the same time, then release when the Apple logo appears.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 laurach

thanks for the suggestion mad muffin but that hasn't worked for me:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Have you the do not disturb option turned on?.its the half moon symbol on the scroll up screen when you have it locked.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭myIdea

What does your signal bar look like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Do you have good reception?

• Advertisement

do not disturb was not on
    Reception is good 4 to 5 bars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭djdunny

try go to settings-general-reset-reset network settings

also if possible, try your sim in another handset, this will give you a good indication if the issue is with the service or the handset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Are you on Bill pay?
    Has there been any issues with payments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

laurach wrote: »
    I get a text message saying that someone tried to call me but that's it, the phone doesn't ring.

? Where does the txt message come from ? the person who tried to call you ? or another source ?

Thanks to everyone for their replies and suggestions. The issue seems to have resolved itself. Still don't know why!!!. Hopefully it won't re-occur.

• Advertisement
Advertisement