Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hotel ?

Options
  • 11-04-2014 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

hi we've a six week old and i want to take the wife away for a couple of nights to a hotel. my question is the baby is bottle fed, and i'd have to wash and sterilise the bottles. has any one got any advice on how i could manage this .. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Get some steriliser bags, they come with a tablet, you can hang them from the shower or shower rail and they'll do the job,
    http://www.boots.ie/en/Oasis-Disposable-Steriliser-Bags-7-Pack_25755/

Mothercare have their own version from what I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Pre-sterilised bottles and ready made formula?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

January wrote: »
    Pre-sterilised bottles and ready made formula?

Or even the ready-made formula you give from the bottle it comes in, with the disposable pre-sterilised teats. That's what I use when I'm out, so handy.

However you should try the baby with one of these in advance ... I tried it on a long car journey at two weeks old, not anticipating any problems, but he couldn't drink from the teat and it was an absolute disaster. However he took them fine from around six weeks onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I used the pre made bottles with pre sterlised teats with no 1. I didnt know you could but sterlising bags. How do they work. Do all the bottles fit in 1 bag ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Suucee wrote: »
    I used the pre made bottles with pre sterlised teats with no 1. I didnt know you could but sterlising bags. How do they work. Do all the bottles fit in 1 bag ?

It's been a while since we had to use them but the ones we bought were quite big so you could fit everything into one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Boots also sell disposable bottles (think they're Tommee Tippee)

As an aside, my idea of treating myself these days is on a Friday, to buy enough ready made bottles and sterilised teats to last till Monday, and not have to do the washing/sterilising/formula making all weekend. How sad that I get excited by that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

nikpmup wrote: »
    Boots also sell disposable bottles (think they're Tommee Tippee)

As an aside, my idea of treating myself these days is on a Friday, to buy enough ready made bottles and sterilised teats to last till Monday, and not have to do the washing/sterilising/formula making all weekend. How sad that I get excited by that!!!

I wish I could do that....damn you reflux formula!!! I was saying to my husband that I can't wait to get the counter space back when the steriliser finally gets retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

I bring bottle brush and small bit if fairy liquid and then use Milton tabs to cold water sterilise.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would get a travel steriliser http://www.mothercare.ie/mothercare-travel-steriliser.html is what we bring everywhere with us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ferrycarrig has a baby food prep room
    http://www.ferrycarrighotel.ie/travelling-with-babies.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

TBH, a halfway decent hotel would probably put a microwave in your room if you asked nicely, and you could wash the bottles in the sink. But if your babs takes the SMA teats or the pre-sterilised bottles, I'd go with those and ready made formula.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We took our little fella away for one night when he was around 5 weeks old and we brought the mothercare sterilising bags with us. Although they worked, they were fiddly to use and no matter how much we rinsed, they still smelled like chlorine and I presume they made the milk taste funky because it is the only time our little man has been iffy while feeding, he was making awful faces and refusing the bottle halfway through etc. We said that if we ever went again we would buy the ready made single servings of formula along with the disposable teat but this would work out fairly expensive if you were going for longer than one night.

Advertisement