Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope €500

Options
  • 11-04-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi, I have a pair of Celestron binos 15 × 70 which are great and I will continue to use.
    (The mount adapter that came with them is very flimsy, can anyone suggest something better?)

Now the thing is, I've already realised that I would like MORE!You know what I mean guys, some planet detail, rings maybe, better visuals, something that would show me more of Plaeides and Orion's nebula.That kind of thing.

I would like to balance this with usability and convenience.Something I could also put in the car boot and take with me to locations better than my light polluted Dublin suburb.Would my budget give me this balance of wow factor and ease of use?Should I rule a computerised scope out, too finicky or not?

Any suggestions or advice?Maybe I'm overlooking some other aspect that should be considered?Thinking of getting it next Christmas so no mad rush,just want to weigh up my options and listen to opinions

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭murphyme2010

ankaragucu wrote: »
    Hi, I have a pair of Celestron binos 15 × 70 which are great and I will continue to use.
    (The mount adapter that came with them is very flimsy, can anyone suggest something better?)

Now the thing is, I've already realised that I would like MORE!You know what I mean guys, some planet detail, rings maybe, better visuals, something that would show me more of Plaeides and Orion's nebula.That kind of thing.

I would like to balance this with usability and convenience.Something I could also put in the car boot and take with me to locations better than my light polluted Dublin suburb.Would my budget give me this balance of wow factor and ease of use?Should I rule a computerised scope out, too finicky or not?

Any suggestions or advice?Maybe I'm overlooking some other aspect that should be considered?Thinking of getting it next Christmas so no mad rush,just want to weigh up my options and listen to opinions

Thanks.

There's http://www.adverts.ie/telescopes-binoculars/celestron-computerized-nexstar-5se-with-celestron-lens-and-filter-kit/5226732 (it's not mine It was mentioned on the IFAS forum). I might be a bit small tho'.

or this. I have the flex tube version of the scope and great for the Moon and planets.

Michael.

Advertisement