Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regulation of private colleges in Ireland

Options
  • 11-04-2014 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hope this is the right forum as this post regards private colleges (non-traditional), please feel free to move if not

I'm trying to find out if there is a body responsible for the regulation of private colleges in Ireland?

I understand that the HEA regulate the institutes that they fund but I can't seem to find an equivalent body that regulates private colleges.

If one were to make a complaint about a private college, not course related (so not directly to FETAC or whoever the accrediting body is) but rather about the college itself or its administration, who would they approach?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Quality and Qualifications Ireland might be useful. As far as I know they write the policies regarding protecting enrolled learners in courses offered by Private providers awarding recognised qualifications e.g. FETAC/HETAC. If they aren't the right body then they might be able to point you in the right direction:

http://www.qqi.ie/About/Pages/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭_ciaran_

Excellent, thanks a million paperclip2 that looks promising

Advertisement