Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***MatchThread*** 15th Apr 19:30 STCOLM Accenture

• 11-04-2014 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭

So, the league kicks off at half seven in St Colmcille's, Knocklyon versus Accenture.

As already noted, we have 2 venues this season.

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed
    Jules
    Keith
    Kings
    Marcin
    Paddy
    SteC
    SteK
    SteMcd

Liam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

In
    Didn't know about the two venues - very pleased about playing some games in Colmcilles.
    Two questions:
    Bank transfer details are the same as previous seasons? Can I go ahead and pay now?
    Is 7.30 the kick off time or the meet time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,569 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Mousewar wrote: »
    Bank transfer details are the same as previous seasons? Can I go ahead and pay now?
    Yep, stick your name on it too
    Mousewar wrote: »
    Is 7.30 the kick off time or the meet time?

Kick off, meet about 7

Cathal - out
    Ciaran - in
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - work
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - in
    Marcin - in
    Paddy
    SteC - in
    SteK - in
    SteMcd - in

Liam

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

im in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

So, the league kicks off at half seven in St Colmcille's, Knocklyon versus Accenture.

As already noted, we have 2 venues this season.

Cathal
    Ciaran
    Cillian
    Conor
    Damo
    Darren
    Derek
    Derek McL
    Ed
    Jules
    Keith
    Kings
    Marcin
    Paddy
    SteC
    SteK
    SteMcd

Liam

In I see paddys name is down things get sorted? :)

mrDerek wrote: »
    In I see paddys name is down things get sorted? :)

there was nothing to get sorted, he just hadn't confirmed one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭SteMcD1

start of the season is sorta bad timing for me as i've been having some pretty bad stomach troubles; awaiting results of an ogd (camera test) atm. to function i gotta get me some more delicious prescription drugs.

i'll eat nothing but plain rice and lettuce for the weekend and hopefully i'll be fit for tuesday :D

i'll be up regardless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

SteMcD1 wrote: »
    start of the season is sorta bad timing for me as i've been having some pretty bad stomach troubles; awaiting results of an ogd (camera test) atm. to function i gotta get me some more delicious prescription drugs.

i'll eat nothing but plain rice and lettuce for the weekend and hopefully i'll be fit for tuesday :D

i'll be up regardless.

#hashtag violin :)

Come on the new season !

• Advertisement

Cathal - out
    Ciaran - in
    Cillian - in
    Conor - in
    Damo - in
    Darren - in
    Derek
    Derek McL - in
    Ed - work
    Jules - in
    Keith - in
    Kings - in
    Marcin - out
    Paddy - work
    SteC - in
    SteK - out
    SteMcd - in

Liam - in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pretty good first half with some good goals, a pretty shapeless 2nd half that would have seen a better tweak punish us. But 3 points and a good start

Pretty good first half with some good goals, a pretty shapeless 2nd half that would have seen a better tweak punish us. But 3 points and a good start

What's a tweak? Miley CYRUS ????

That should be team, damn my miley Cyrus searching

What's a tweak? Miley CYRUS ????

that's a twerk you twerp.

5-0 is a decent result first game back.

that's a twerk you twerp.

5-0 is a decent result first game back.

Des, I understand you're frustrated waiting on baby, but relax it will come in it own time, no need to turn to boards to vent.

I'm not the one who had a little cry when taken off with three minutes to go :pac:

good win despite only having one pre season friendly hopefulyl we get a few more games on that surface youd have to be blind not to see the difference it makes.
    Any links to the summer league table? Can only see the winter ones at the mo

mrDerek wrote: »
    Any links to the summer league table? Can only see the winter ones at the mo

No, I can't see it either when I log in to have a look.

I'm not the one who had a little cry when taken off with three minutes to go :pac:

Des, the only one crying will be you when you're changing ****ty nappies at 5am in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Des, the only one crying will be you when you're changing ****ty nappies at 5am in the morning.

A man speaking from experience there, who is presumably in a permanent state of tears and ****ty nappies.

Back on topic, good game, can't argue with 5 nil although the second half slow-down is a bit familiar. Presumably will improve when we have several subs each week. Hope we're on that pitch for a good few games. Although if we see a lot more of that ref, I'm not sure Des is gonna see out the season :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Having played there and watched games there (changing venue every week a few years ago) but being used to Wesley now - it is very noticeable how much smaller that pitch is, but a much better surface. No surprise the goals came from midfield as midfielders had the run of the pitch, time to think twice or three times about what to do with the ball. They were tight games against that opposition last season I think, on the poorer surface.

If that referee is stationed there, in tight games it'll be very important and take some composure to keep 11 men on the pitch. It won't take much to see a flurry of yellow cards from him.

Advertisement