Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Motorbike Satnav - Weather Proof

• 11-04-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Just found this on Amazon, by far one of the cheapest Satnav's I have found that is weather proof (thats usually what drives the price up). No doubt there might be a few hiccups but it looks like it will do what it says on the tin.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Peaklife-Weatherproof-Motorcycle-Navigator-Terrain/dp/B0062EAGP2

http://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/GPS-Sat_Nav_Devices/Portable_GPS/Motorcycle_GPS_Navigator-3.5_Inch_GPS_Navigator

Few Specs:-

Meet strong, durable portable GPS navigation for motorcycles that can be taken anywhere and handle anything! Designed by bikers for bikers, the all-terrain and all-weather Peaklife 3.5 Inch Motorcycle GPS Navigator provides high-speed and high-accuracy GPS navigation and will handle whatever you (or Mother Nature) throws at it.

All-terrain and all-weather: The Peaklife portable motorcycle GPS navigator comes with tools to fit safely and securely on your motorcycle, but that doesn't mean it can't handle a few accidental drops and bumps. The next time you want to take the road less traveled: Do it, because the Peaklife will accompany you every single step (and bump) of the way. This GPS navigator is even weatherproof, meaning it can handle rain, snow, sleet, and anything else Mother Nature can conjure up.
    Powerful GPS navigation available wherever you go: No more looking up directions, printing maps and then trying to follow them with your fingers while riding. Experience amazing real-time GPS guidance that will notify you of every street and intersection and lead you to your destination, turn by turn.

The Peaklife Portable GPS Navigator's high-tech 400MHz Samsung processor, 128MB of RAM, and powerful GPS chip will keep up with your speed to let you know exactly where you are, even at 120 MPH.

Weatherproof! RAM Mounting kit to fit nearly all bikes Battery Cable for connecting GPS to your bikes battery for constant power

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Good find. The Garmin bike ones are way overpriced for a bit of weather proofing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

The problem with the non-mainstream satnav's is the limited map data and updates.

Might be worth considering a regular one, and some kind of waterproof case.

I have the garmin one, and you're right they're not worth the money, but I've never actually needed the waterproofing on it, as it's positioned fairly close to the screen so is pretty well protected.

If I was getting one again, I'd probably just get a proper gps app for my phone, a waterproof case and a bike mount.

Might even sell the garmin and do that now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well apparently you get get the maps for it up to and incld. the end of 2013 for £33 sterling from a website in the UK.....so not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well apparently you get get the maps for it up to and incld. the end of 2013 for £33 sterling from a website in the UK.....so not too bad.

Old discussion here, definitely updatable:
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=697456

Advertisement