Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orcs Must Die - Unchained

Options
  • 11-04-2014 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

And....... it's a MOBA.

Not too sure about this - think I'd have preferred a straight up sequel (big fan of the first two games) but from the teaser it looks like the're keeping the trap and combat mechanics of the originals, and adding team play with some kind of card collecting element.

Anyway, it will be F2P and feature teams of up to 5 players. Watch this space I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Loved the first two games all right and I'm interested to see how they change the formula with the MOBA elements but the F2P part has me concerned. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Funnily enough I was just coming here to post more info which has a lot of folk concerned.

Just like H1Z1, this will be a F2P game but you can get early access by paying. They're referring to this as being a "Founder" and there are three Founder packs available - Apprentice, War Mage and Master - each with their own perks (as detailed here).

The only pack that allows access right now is the Master pack, and it costs $150. That zero is not a typo. They give a spare alpha code and a few beta codes for friends, but still, that's a ridiculous price. It also worries me that on the Founder page linked above, and the main homepage, there is absolutely NO mention of the game being F2P when the full version is eventually released. Seems a little dubious to me and I reckon this is a serious misstep from Robot Entertainment.

Advertisement