Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infracted from a thread in AH

Options
  • 11-04-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

I have been infracted by Humanj and I think its not justified. Allegedly I was being racist. This is the bones of the infractment.
    BraziliaNZ: We wont sort it out. Inner city knacker kids are allowed do what they want basically.

I added
    And travellers.

The Judicial system in this country is a joke, you murder somebody in this country and the DPP will nearly always go for the lesser manslaughter charge for whatever reason, probably a higher conviction rate.

Skangers and knackers get to run around doing whatever the hell they like with no fear of punishment or if they do get time, its a small stint in a cushy cell.

This was deemed racist as I was allegedly saying that all travellers are criminals. Can somebody please show me where I said that?

I said that travellers are allowed to do what they like NOT that they are all criminals.
    • There are countless instances of traveller setting up camp where they like.
    • They can claim exemption to tax if they list themselves of no fixed abode.
    • There are many cases involving summons to travellers where they have been ignored and the case thrown out of court due to the summons not being received.
    • Many instances of travellers driving with no tax, NCT or insurance.

This is only a handful of instances where travellers are treated differently to the settled community and none of this is excused within the settled community hence why I made that point.

I have never been infracted and if you read some of my posts, you will see that I generally contribute worthwhile discussion, this infraction is PC gone mad IMO.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Just to save time here, I've taken a look.

The AH charter states the following:
    Zero tolerance will be shown to posts containing racism or discrimination. This includes the travelling community. Please do not use this forum to incite hatred.

Your post lumped "Travellers" in a discussion on antisocial behavior sparked off by a girl kicking a shopkeeper unconscious. Together with your list above, this represents a particular type generalisation we want to avoid on Boards.

The subject of Travellers on Boards has a torrid history. It's not against the rules to hold opinions such as yours - but it is to post against the Charter which is in place to avoid trainwrecks.

Infraction upheld.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement