Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have signed up for direct debit but can I pay my bill in advance of the dd date?

Options
  • 11-04-2014 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I got my bill today and just want to get it paid. It was alot higher than I was expecting :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Kat81,

You can pay a bill in advance of direct debit collection, provided you use paperless means (e.g. by debit card on the Electric Ireland website).

Also, it is vital to make the advance payment before the direct debit is presented to the bank for collection (five working days minimum in advance of the direct debit date) as doing so after this date will cause double payment.

With regards to the bill amount, is it estimated or based on a meter reading? If it is based on a reading, was the previous bill (or bills) estimated? If there was previous under-estimation, a meter reading will "catch up" on the difference.

If you wish, do private message me your Electric Ireland account number and name/address/telephone number (confirming you are the account-holder) to check any of the above for you. I am here until 6pm.

Kind regards,
    Una

Advertisement