Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find drainage/sewerage plans for house

Options
  • 11-04-2014 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know where to get hold of plans for drainage pipes etc on existing properties?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

mike65 wrote: »
    Hi

Anyone know where to get hold of plans for drainage pipes etc on existing properties?

If the house is less than 20 years old they may be accessible through the pertinent planning office,Even if you get them they will.most probably be wrong.as sewage is a kind of make it up as you go along thing when it comes to where things go.
    Easy enough with some dye and all the manholes open to track it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Finding the access hatches is the issue! I have a pipe from the bathroom running east towards the back garden along the north side of the house and a pipe from the kitchen running north, so it looks like they should meet but there is no hatch at the junction (if there is a junction!). The pipe from the kitchen is blocked, I've given it one treatment of dissolving agent and will try again tomorrow but as I have access to rods I really want to find the hatch (the drain at the kitchen wall is no good for rods as there is a tight U bend).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Do you know anyone in the council who has access to those fancy detectors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Stick dambuster down the drain that should clear it as it's powerful stuff. Don't put loads down at once as it can burn through the piping if there is too much used in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

mike65 wrote: »
    Finding the access hatches is the issue! I have a pipe from the bathroom running east towards the back garden along the north side of the house and a pipe from the kitchen running north, so it looks like they should meet but there is no hatch at the junction (if there is a junction!). The pipe from the kitchen is blocked, I've given it one treatment of dissolving agent and will try again tomorrow but as I have access to rods I really want to find the hatch (the drain at the kitchen wall is no good for rods as there is a tight U bend).

If you can get nylon rods, they should do the trick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I might have fixed it (taking a breather right now) I used a section of old vacuum cleaner flexible hose (about 4 feet), scored one end taped it shut so it looked like a ducks bill and shoved that in and gave it a good in out in out/twist it all about action. Ran the tap and the level seems to be constant now.

Advertisement