Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man City. Sun April 13th KO 13:37 SS1, Important Mod Warning in OP.

• 11-04-2014 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

No need for a write up.

No trying to be funny.

Both teams need to win this.

Game on.

Prediction, score draw.

Edit: Mod warning, post 116:
    dfx- wrote: »
    A sample of posts. Right:
    • Quit with the panda references and beware of the rule on gifs aimed at dragging thread off-topic. Talk about the match or don't post.
    • Stop baiting. There will be no excuses. Do not comment on who is posting in the thread or who they support, do not call anyone saps.
    • Do not comment on moderation, do not comment on this or any in-thread warnings or about cards being issued. This includes what Turtyturd's post above refers to. There will be no excuses entertained
    • Do not abuse the Report Post function to comment on moderation.

Posts may be deleted, this thread to be cleaned up and bans issued.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are you the who starts that match threads that Liverpool always win?

Liverpool win, goal in last minute.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Liverpool go from having one nervy performance against a lower team then hammering the big guns in the next game so I have to say 4-1 or 5-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

I predict an electric atmosphere and sweet revenge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

17-16 to the pool.

Half time multiball draw to be won by Roy Evans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

This game will just be a case of going through the motions. The word 'underdog' gets thrown about a lot but this time it actually applies. Liverpool will just have to hope for no injuries/suspensions and look to pick up points in the other four games but even that probably won't be enough. Would be nice to go out with a scalp or two, we can dream...

fBop5P6.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Are you the who starts that match threads that Liverpool always win?

Liverpool win, goal in last minute.

I've started 9 or 10 match threads for league games and we've never lost.

I'm horribly superstitious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

City will win this one handy. 3-1.

Skrtel own goal.

Gerrard picks up a yellow.

Flanagan gives away a penalty which YaYaYaYa converts followed by two other screamers from outside the area.

All in all a good season for Liverpool but this loss will mean the title was just one step too far.

A panda streaks naked in the final few minutes which lightens the mood somwewhat.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Can't see anything but a Liverpool loss I'm afraid. Man City a shade under 2/1? For arguably the safest bet in the history of sports gambling? Throw the kitchen sink at it and max bet that ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Should be a great match. Liverpool fans are craving for a Premier League title and personally I felt they were robbed the last time they played Man City.

My heart says a Liverpool win and My head says Liverpool to win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Easy 4-1 win for Liverpool with a Daniel Sturridge hat trick and a late consolation scored by Samir Nasri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Expecting a tight game but expect the home atmosphere might get Liverpool over the line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

In the midst of the 25th hillsborough anniversary

Liverpool to win 9-6 in the greatest match ever.

u2ir.png

http://eplindex.com/52280/liverpool-manchester-city-key-battles-stats.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lucas in for Coutinho, diamond with Sterling at the top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

3-2 City with an annoyingly obvious, yet somehow endlessly debated ****ty decision from the ref to go against us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I've started 9 or 10 match threads for league games and we've never lost.

I'm horribly superstitious.

Oh really now.....

Time to lock this up I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Citys away record has improved, Liverpool shome record is excellent, no chance of a City win.

Maybe a score draw but cant see City taking 3 points here and with Everton away coming up too they could be pretty f**ked

GavRedKing wrote: »
    , Liverpool shome record is excellent

Damn straight, we'll shome good on Sunday, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Appropriate that this match kicks of at 13:37, considering it has the two leet teams fighting it out for a title advantage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Should be about 15 goals in this. Either that or we keep the ball for the full 90 and edge it 1-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Why are all Sundays games delayed for 7 minutes??

EDIT: Ah, Google says coz the game at Hillsborough was cancelled after 6 minutes so they're gonna start the game after that. I hope they're not planning 6 minutes of silence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Why are all Sundays games delayed for 7 minutes??

To mark the 25th anniversary of Hillsborough.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I can't see Liverpool losing in Anfield with the form they're in. I think a draw is most likely but if someone wins the tie I would expect it to be the 'Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I can't see Liverpool losing in Anfield with the form they're in. I think a draw is most likely but if someone wins the tie I would expect it to be the 'Pool.

A mod five minutes and he's already...ahem...pandering to the masses!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Liverpool to take a dive and save the virgins.

City to win comfortably

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

City to win it comfortably in the end. I'd say 3 - 1. Far superior team to Liverpool. If they turn up, they'll win.

City to win it comfortably in the end. I'd say 3 - 1. Far superior team to Liverpool. If they turn up, they'll win.

That's the spirit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Certain Liverpool fans like this post ;)

Turtyturd wrote: »
    That's the spirit.

We need him in the Liverpool thread.

That's the spirit.

Just my opinion. Better all round team. If they stop gerrard from getting the ball, it will be handy for them.

Just my opinion. Better all round team. If they stop gerrard from getting the ball, it will be handy for them.

I fully agree, Liverpool are a one man team. And in this battle of the underdogs they will come out 2nd best.

They have the better players alright and Aguero back makes a big difference. Yaya could run amok in this match.

This genuinely is not a jinx post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

City 2-1.

• Advertisement

I fully agree, Liverpool are a one man team. And in this battle of the underdogs they will come out 2nd best.

In no way a one man team. Some outstanding players, but I feel gerrard is pivotal for a game like this. If city can stop making those long passes into the channels for Suarez I think they will will comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I think this will be a nervy game for both teams, and City will deal with them better. 1-2 City win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

All this talk about League Titles is leaving me horribly nervous about this game.

Someone let Grayditch know Gerry came through.

I dunno, I think that was the last "Break Glass In Case Of Emergency" one that was probably being kept.

They're out of ammo, lads. Fire away.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

..I can see Suarez bagging a hat trick in this game what with DiMichelis being asked to mark him..that said, if Skertl is marking Aguero, I can see him getting a hat trick too..

3-3 or more, I reckon.

• Advertisement

Isn't it great to not have your season finished in April.

Roll on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

daithi1970 wrote: »
    ..I can see Suarez bagging a hat trick in this game what with DiMichelis being asked to mark him..that said, if Skertl is marking Aguero, I can see him getting a hat trick too..

3-3 or more, I reckon.

Skertl or aguero hat trick? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

1-0 Liverpool. Gerrard (Pen)

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If there is any team that can go toe to toe attacking wise vs Liverpool it's this City team. It really could go any way, but the truth is that Liverpool need to win the game more than city. A City win will end Liverpool's chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Liverpool have played pretty well against City the past 5 times they've met. City have only beaten them once actually and that was the game in late December when Liverpool probably deserved at least a draw on the balance of play. The three games before that were all draws but Liverpool really should have won two of them. Skrtel gifting City a late equaliser at Anfield early last season with a terrible mistake.

Very difficult game to predict on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is Aguero fit? Could be the difference. Without him I think it will be a draw with possible advantage to Liverpool, with him I'd be surprised if City didn't score 2 or 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The bubble is about to burst my Liverpool friends

Ah yeah, Aguero playing back in form and it could be a hill too far, to be honest. Still. Liverpool are deadly, which is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

City should win by a couple of goals with Aguero back in the team. Liverpool will have to look at getting points from other games to try secure that fourth spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The bubble is about to burst my Liverpool friends

You're right we have no chance!

• Advertisement
Advertisement