Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man City. Sun April 13th KO 13:37 SS1, Important Mod Warning in OP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

4th would be almost impossible for Liverpool at this rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

We will be doing well to finish 5th i think. 4th is a bridge too far imo. Yeap 5th it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭redbaron_99

Liverpools front two and gerrard are fantastic, but I think pool will be outmatched by city in midfield. They will play 5 in there against Liverpools 4. This is the downside to having two up top. Maybe this will be something Liverpool will consider next season - a plan B essentially.

Liverpools front two and gerrard are fantastic, but I think pool will be outmatched by city in midfield. They will play 5 in there against Liverpools 4. This is the downside to having two up top. Maybe this will be something Liverpool will consider next season - a plan B essentially.

City should win easy, Liverpool are quite poor and one dimensional.

All goals and no action

rarnes1 wrote: »
    City should win easy, Liverpool are quite poor and one dimensional.

All goals and no action

How on earth are they one dimensional??

Liverpool are about to be found out. 9 jammy wins in a row won't become 10. Grinding out 3-4 plus goal wins will only get you so far.

How on earth are they one dimensional??

No plan B.

Just goals goals goals

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'd like to see Lucas start with Gerrard and Henderson.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'd like to see Lucas start with Gerrard and Henderson.

Could well happen, him or Allen in for Sterling.

Sterling to come on 2nd half.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Been
    Naughty
    My
    Comrades?

Whats with all the cards? Match aint even started yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭DaveSuarez

This panda stuff really isn't funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

City may be good but how would they fair against Stoke on a cold December Tuesday night?

No plan B.

Just goals goals goals

:(

It's different when a solid defence isn't playing a high line to run in behind, and there's 5 world class midfielders pressing the likes of gerrard. Most top CL teams would try for something like this. Most PL teams are very open.
    Chill out. I wasnt having a pop at you.
    Just wondering would they consider a more patient approach in games such as this and in CL next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So it's some form of mass hysteria induced by your current lofty position? Now I get it...

I think the previous 20 years have more to do with it, being honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The bubble is about to burst my Liverpool friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Echo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Must have been some strong mixture the put out in Upton Park last week. My bubbles barely last a minute, let alone a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Bubbles? , Liverpool eat them up for fun this season.

nas.gif

omens are good so far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Tight contest, maybe decided by stupid referee decision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Jesus lads, I don't know...think we might skin it if 5 or 6 of the City players get sent off

Kirby wrote: »
    With that many divers on the pitch at one time, I'd be amazed if we go 90 minutes without a penalty. I'm thinking it will be decided by one. Or two.

Should just have a shootout and forget the 90 mins!

Should just have a shootout and forget the 90 mins!

Oh Christ. That would be WAY worse.

Slightly off topic. Who would be worth more if they went on the market in the summer: Suarez or Aguero?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

City have never beaten Liverpool at Anfield on a Sunday when it started at 13:37.

Now, I am not a superstitious man or a man who believes in destiny. Hell, I'm not a man at all! BUT. BUT. Ladies and Gentleman. Those are cold. hard. facts.

Liverpool have this and it won't even be close. City don't have the X Factor. Liverpool do. City don't have the bottle. Liverpool do. City don't have Doni. Liverpool do....shit he has retired. Well the points still stands people!

I would advise people to not even bother watching the game at all. The result is already in. A resounding Liverpool win. People should allocate their time to a more fruitful pastime.

In conclusion. City lose. Liverpool win. 100% confidence and it will not go another way. FACT.

Keno wrote: »
    City have never beaten Liverpool at Anfield on a Sunday when it started at 13:37.

Now, I am not a superstitious man or a man who believes in destiny. Hell, I'm not a man at all! BUT. BUT. Ladies and Gentleman. Those are cold. hard. facts.

Liverpool have this and it won't even be close. City don't have the X Factor. Liverpool do. City don't have the bottle. Liverpool do. City don't have Doni. Liverpool do....shit he has retired. Well the points still stands people!

I would advise people to not even bother watching the game at all. The result is already in. A resounding Liverpool win. People should allocate their time to a more fruitful pastime.

In conclusion. City lose. Liverpool win. 100% confidence and it will not go another way. FACT.

One of you better win the game. Draw plays into Jose's hands :(

Slightly off topic. Who would be worth more if they went on the market in the summer: Suarez or Aguero?

Here ya go

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=89249355

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A midfield diamond can also mean liverpool have more bodies centrally than city most of the time. Its not the same as a traditional 4 4 2 against a 4 3 3/ 4 5 1. If Liverpool go with a diamond I think citys full backs are the players that will get space and potentially cause problems. Should be a great game the best 2 attacking teams in the league. I still think chelsea have a great chance of winning the league cant believe they are 7/1.

A midfield diamond can also mean liverpool have more bodies centrally than city most of the time. Its not the same as a traditional 4 4 2 against a 4 3 3/ 4 5 1. If Liverpool go with a diamond I think citys full backs are the players that will get space and potentially cause problems. Should be a great game the best 2 attacking teams in the league. I still think chelsea have a great chance of winning the league cant believe they are 7/1.

Yes, centrally the diamond can cope with a five man midfield, but it's a narrow system and allows wing backs a free run to a certain extent. Might seem strange but a player like zabaleta could pose te biggest threat in a game like this.
    Bang on, mate. Chelsea are being written off too easily by many. Do not underestimate Jose. They have a handy enough run in aswell

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Knex. wrote: »
    When we lose on Sunday, there's gonna be some overload of sad panda gifs.
    monkey9 wrote: »
    BNMC is already thanking posts!! :pac::pac:
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I dunno, I think that was the last "Break Glass In Case Of Emergency" one that was probably being kept.

They're out of ammo, lads. Fire away.
    Turtyturd wrote: »
    Someone let Grayditch know Gerry came through.

A sample of posts. Right:
    • Quit with the panda references and beware of the rule on gifs aimed at dragging thread off-topic. Talk about the match or don't post.
    • Stop baiting. There will be no excuses. Do not comment on who is posting in the thread or who they support, do not call anyone saps.
    • Do not comment on moderation, do not comment on this or any in-thread warnings or about cards being issued. This includes what Turtyturd's post above refers to. There will be no excuses entertained
    • Do not abuse the Report Post function to comment on moderation.

Posts may be deleted, this thread to be cleaned up and bans issued.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

Can see nothing but an easy win for City here. Liverpool's over-reliance on Suarez will be shown up as I feel Kompany will have him in his back pocket just like he did in the first game between these sides. He even nicked a goal in that game.

Midfield will be a mismatch, Gerrard doesn't have the legs or know how to even match Yaya Touré, who in my opinion is the best player in the EPL at the moment.

Easy win for City. Maybe 4-1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

YES. That's the win sorted!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,385 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yaya is only a good player when he's bothered, though I don't see anyway that he wont be bothered for this one. Regardless, it'll be Fernandinho's performance as the key for City in this game. He's been very good at providing a platform for Silva and Yaya this season which maybe they were slightly missing last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

BNMC wrote: »
    Can see nothing but an easy win for City here. Liverpool's over-reliance on Suarez will be shown up as I feel Kompany will have him in his back pocket just like he did in the first game between these sides. He even nicked a goal in that game.

Midfield will be a mismatch, Gerrard doeskin have the legs or know how to even match Yaya Touré, who in my opinion is the best player in the EPL at the moment.

In fairness he's not a patch on Fellinni

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

dfx- wrote: »
    Stop baiting. There will be no excuses. Do not comment on who is posting in the thread or who they support, do not call anyone saps.

Can one refer to oneself or indeed, other consenting individuals, as 'saps'?

I feel it would be to the detriment of the thread as a whole if this is not permitted, but that is merely my personal opinion.

Oh no you di'int.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

BNMC wrote: »

Midfield will be a mismatch, Gerrard doesn't have the legs or know how to even match Yaya Touré, who in my opinion is the best player in the EPL at the moment.

Nice anti-jinxing....secret Liverpool fan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Our year!! All the suffering is about to be ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

Wait... How is Washinton carded for something that is an inside thread joke. No malice to it, or anything. Dfx, you made the mistake of taking it as something controversial, when it isn't, and we get punished for it?

FFS, don't question Howard Webb ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you want to continue acting like kids, I'm temporarily removing your opportunity to do so in this thread to give the local mods a bit of time to tidy it up and deal with those amongst you who seem to think you can ignore site and forum rules

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Hello.

*looks around*

Still City's, I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

will tomorrow ever come\?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Its a bit cold, think I'll wear a pullover.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    will tomorrow ever come\?

Now I have that bloody song in my head. Cheers Owayn... :mad:

• Advertisement

I want to see Allen start instead of Coutinho, and play the formation as we did against United, and a few other games following that.

Would not mind Sakho starting again, but if Agger does, I won't complain. Until Dzeko beats him in a 20 yard sprint...

Game at the Etihad should give Liverpool confidence, but I'm not at all optimistic about this one.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,701 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The local mods re-opened this thread a short while ago. Please note there is a particular sensitivity surrounding this match and this thread will be closely monitored by the mods. That does not mean they will be able to act immediately on any "indiscretions" that do arise, so please be patient.

Please also ensure you read the mod warning in the OP before posting. If anyone has any questions they should PM the local mods - never take this thread off-topic by discussing modding matters. In addition, please note that any abuse directed towards any mod will not be tolerated (and indeed will result in a lengthy forum ban)

Now please take this opportunity to get back to what this thread is about - that's discussing tomorrow's match. Also apologies to the vast majority of you that have been and indeed are prepared to follow the forum and site rules. Unfortunately a minority of posters decided they would make their own rules up and it had become too much hassle for the mods to deal with all the crap that some were coming out with last night

Finally enjoy the match - I'll own up to being a United Season Ticket holder, but given the two teams involved all I can really say is may the best team win ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

This has probably been said but the home support is crucial tomorrow, factor in the importance of the game as well as hillsborough factor and the fans can really instill belief into liverpool and fear into city, if any stadium can do that its anfield even if it is an early ko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I want to see Allen start instead of Coutinho, and play the formation as we did against United, and a few other games following that.

Would not mind Sakho starting again, but if Agger does, I won't complain. Until Dzeko beats him in a 20 yard sprint...

Game at the Etihad should give Liverpool confidence, but I'm not at all optimistic about this one.

Dzeko wouldn't beat my grandmother in a 20 yard Sprint and she's dead.

Dzeko wouldn't beat my grandmother in a 20 yard Sprint and she's dead.

You would have said that about Soldado, and he looked like Henry streaking past Agger the other week :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement