Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man City. Sun April 13th KO 13:37 SS1, Important Mod Warning in OP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Shreeves is such a cringeworthy interviewer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭BNMC

I thought Clattenburg was pretty good.
    I've seen it all now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I think Kenny Dalglish would have enjoyed that interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

edgecutter wrote: »
    There is luck and then there is plain absurdity with it.How Suarez stayed on the pitch was a joke.

Shouid have gone. No doubt.

And skyrtel literally PUNCHING the ball out.

Very lucky result for Liverpool but they'll tell you they EARNED it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Meh. City got decisions at their place, we got them at ours.

We did not look comfortable as the champions elect. We'll have to see if they've learned from that and the quality from the time minutes between Skrtel and Coutinho's goals won't be repeated.

Elements of the performance were excellent and we bossed it for the first half an hour but there's still a huge amount of work to be done and it'll have to be without Henderson who's been a rock in midfield and attack this season and possibly Sturridge as well.

adox wrote: »
    Shreeves is such a cringeworthy interviewer.

How he has a job is beyond me

quarryman wrote: »

I'd imagine you argued the same at the Ethiad eh?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

AdamD wrote: »
    Baffling, hes missed 4 penalties and a red card in one game. How on earth could that be considered to be a good performance?

He didn't miss 4 penalties. The red card wasn't clear cut. Have you ever watched a football game without the benefit of instant replay? He did pretty good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Has he replaced Flower now ?

Flower ???

Like the Romans, Liverpool FC have loads of Gods :D

Another one giving a post match interview now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

He didn't miss 4 penalties. The red card wasn't clear cut. Have you ever watched a football game without the benefit of instant replay? He did pretty good.
    Behave.

• Better ask Rodgers about the refereeing decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Jeff Shreives is a bit of **** isn't he

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Match thread saps our Kung fu is strong!!!!

WWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

? :eek:

mzi.dupkcavv.jpg

BNMC wrote: »
    I've seen it all now.

You've seen it all? Okay. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sakho on Dzeko - stonewall
    Zabaleta on Sturridge - cleans the man out long before he touches the ball
    Kompany on Suarez - painfully obvious that he just shoved Suarez off the ball
    Skrtel - hand of god mark II

Flabbergasted that anyone could consider that to be a good performance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Pains me to say it but well done Liverpool. I had a feeling when Rodgers took over that he'd make amends for the shambles Kenny left Liverpool, on and off the pitch. Fair play to him.

Zabaleta on Sturridge - cleans the man out long before he touches the ball
    Kompany on Suarez - painfully obvious that he just shoved Suarez off the ball
    Skrtel - hand of god mark II

Flabbergasted that anyone could consider that to be a good performance

First one I agree.
    Middle two I disagree.
    Fourth one was too hard to see without instant replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Hand ball in the box near the end. Skirtl I think it was leading with his forearm, would've been a penalty if it was seen but there was so many around the ball it may not have been spotted. Liverpool deserve the win for sheer effort alone but title race not over yet.

I reckon they'd love to be playing Norwich right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

BNMC wrote: »
    I've seen it all now.

No you haven't

In a month's time you might see Stephen Gerrard lift the Premiership trophy at Anfield. You'll enjoy that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

Congrats Liverpool on winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Milner tightened up midfield which helped him get on the ball more in the 2nd half.

Milner played well, silva is a player though who would improve any team he went into.

Love to see him playing for the pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,695 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Didn't think that was a penalty. Dzeko saw Sakho slide across him, jumped over him and dragged his boot over him to create contact.

Certainly not stonewall. I didn't think there were any stonewall penalties. Clattenburg gor the red card right for Henderson I though. The only major decision he got wrong imo was not sending off Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Lapin wrote: »

lets send them out quick!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

I somehow doubt that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Someone should write a piece on Liverpool's transformation this season. It's quite incredible that a side who finished 7th last season are likely league winners this season.

Some achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Someone should write a piece on Liverpool's transformation this season. It's quite incredible that a side who finished 7th last season are likely league winners this season.

Some achievement.

7th come first, and first come 7th.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Liverpool's to lose now

You get those decisions when things are going your way, Suarez should have been off 3 or 4 times and City should have had a peno

Henderson tackle was horrible but he hasn't a track record of it wouldn't be too harsh on him

yeah and in the return fixture lots of keys decisions went against liverpool too, maybe the evening things out cliche is true - if so we should get a few dodgy pens at home against chelsea because we were robbed there

all in all, very satisfying win although the loss of henderson is a concern - we may miss his energy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭John Cherry

You could play Norwich with just Suarez and I say it would still end up you lot winning by a 3 goal margin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Bit rich people saying the Skrtle handball was a black mark vs the ref considering none of the city players seen it/appealed for it, and not one of us here seen it till the replayed show it. Hardly expect him to spot it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Moneymaker wrote: »

Some achievement.

Now is not a good time. Fully loaded.

I think BorneToBeWilde should be brought back to write a Limerick on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

osarusan wrote: »
    Didn't think that was a penalty. Dzeko saw Sakho slide across him, jumped over him and dragged his boot over him to create contact.

Certainly not stonewall. I didn't think there were any stonewall penalties. Clattenburg gor the red card right for Henderson I though. The only major decision he got wrong imo was not sending off Suarez.
    And the Skrtel handball at the end. Clattenberg had as much of a shocker as Vinnie did for us today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Liverpool were very good for 30 minutes, but City bossed it after that. I was very impressed by the way City came back and probably should have won it, but have to say that Liverpool were also hugely impressive grind out a win after the City onslaught. Liverpool probably deserved the rub of the green today, City got it in December after all.

It's a 3 horse race again, if Chelsea win today. I can't pick a winner now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

blueser wrote: »
    And the Skrtel handball at the end. Clattenberg had as much of a shocker as Vinnie did for us today.

Nobody but the cameraman saw that though.......so he really can't be blamed there. There were around 5 heads withing a foot or so of the ball too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

YCo6doE.gif

Swansea to beat Chelsea 1 - 0.

John Terry to score for Swansea. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I know Suarez and Gerrard have been brilliant for ye lads, but Brendan Rodgers has been unbelievable. Best managerial performance of any league season for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Davei141 wrote: »
    Bit rich people saying the Skrtle handball was a black mark vs the ref considering none of the city players seen it/appealed for it, and not one of us here seen it till the replayed show it. Hardly expect him to spot it.

Hard to blame the ref for that. Nobody saw it until it was replayed in slow motion.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

quarryman wrote: »

top of the league and rightfully so

on balance though i'd say the "luckiest" side this season has been man citeh in terms of getting dodgy decisions go their way

in every game, there are some decisions that go for you and against you, the best teams are good enough to overcome the bad decisions and take advantage of the good ones

it's only really the mediocre sides that constantly harp on about decisions going against them - liverpool fans used to do it, but man utd fans have knocked them off that perch in recent times

How do you score 2.74 goals per game with luck?

The only unfair advantage they had this season was no European football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

the hate is strong in lots of you.immense credit to man city,their fans were simply brilliant from the start ,the minutes silence.. i can hear chelsea's fans singing through it now as i type (a small minority) ..their team was superb to come back after the pummelling they took in first half.

but my team won,we had the desire to push on,we had the amazing home crowd,the brilliant young manager in charge, a possessed captain leading, .. we dont have the best squad,most money,biggest stadium...

BUT WE ARE TOP WITH 4 GAMES LEFT .. BRING ON THE REST I SAY

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Poor Jeff sterling aint getting anything from Gerrard or Rodgers he seem quite agitated at the end neither was biting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Jaysus H Christ.

Poor Jeff sterling aint getting anything from Gerrard or Rodgers he seem quite agitated at the end neither was biting

Suarez might have been better help there :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Suarez might have been better help there :pac:

Very good. Also must ask how mant game has suarez gone untill today without a yellow card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Shreeves not Stelling. All eyes on the Chelsea game now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The only unfair advantage they had this season was no European football.

How is that unfair?

gimmick wrote: »
    How is that unfair?

Remove unfair. Just an advantage.

Very good. Also must ask how mant game has suarez gone untill today without a yellow card

I havent been keeping track tbh. FWIW i like him. Super player. Only having a bit of tongue in cheek fun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement