Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man City. Sun April 13th KO 13:37 SS1, Important Mod Warning in OP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Remove unfair. Just an advantage.

The flip side of that is no European football has hampered the club in the transfer market. Losing out on Salah, MickeyRyan and Willian (possibly losing out on them) and maybe Costa as well.
    Whether the club was really in for any of them is debatably but the lack has had a negative impact in transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Chazz Michael Michaels

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The flip side of that is no European football has hampered the club in the transfer market. Losing out on Salah, MickeyRyan and Willian (possibly losing out on them) and maybe Costa as well.
    Whether the club was really in for any of them is debatably but the lack has had a negative impact in transfers.

Fair point.

Tis Mickity Ryan to you me bucko :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I havent been keeping track tbh. FWIW i like him. Super player. Only having a bit of tongue in cheek fun.

No I think your joke was funny I see no offence in it. Do not think I was talking offence. Was just thinking it at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Chelsea guaranteed 3 points now. Chico off.

Edit: Wrong thread!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It's not like Liverpool have a small squad, one of which is young (the youngest on average?) and has been riddled with injuries too. Sakho, Lucas, Sturridge, Agger, Enrique, Johnson and Allen missing significant game time. Suarez missing 5 games through suspension too. But keep rambling on about no European football if you wish.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It's not like Liverpool have a small squad, one of which is young (the youngest on average?) and has been riddled with injuries too. Sakho, Lucas, Sturridge, Agger, Enrique, Johnson and Allen missing significant game time. Suarez missing 5 games through suspension too. But keep rambling on about no European football if you wish.

So playing at least six less games makes zero difference. Genius.

also gained an unfair advantage my knocking themselves out of the cups.

also gained an unfair advantage my knocking themselves out of the cups.

Moronic. Try to be an adult.

Have you ever compared Chelsea and Cities benches to Liverpool's?

• Advertisement

Have you ever compared Chelsea and Cities benches to Liverpool's?

Because sub's are perfectly interchangeable while maintaining the harmony of the first team?

Face it. No Europe is a big weight off liverpools neck, especially at this stage.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Because sub's are perfectly interchangeable while maintaining the harmony of the first team?

Face it. No Europe is a big weight off liverpools neck, especially at this stage.

City have been out of europe for about 6 weeks or am I imagining that?

5starpool wrote: »
    City have been out of europe for about 6 weeks or am I imagining that?

Read my previous posts. If not, stop posting to me. Thanks.

So having a strong squad is of no advantage when facing injuries and a heavy match load? How is that point not as valid as your assumption?

City are long gone out of Europe, so it's an advantage to them at this stage as well.
    Not being in Europe is a double sided sword and if it's such an advantage. how Is it not that more clubs in the past never made it to this stage like Liverpool, if it's so advantageous?

So having a strong squad is of no advantage when facing injuries and a heavy match load? How is that point not as valid as your assumption?

City are long gone out of Europe, so it's an advantage to them at this stage as well.
    Not being in Europe is a double sided sword and if it's such an advantage. how Is it not that more clubs in the past never made it to this stage like Liverpool, if it's so advantageous?

Because its not the only factor. Jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Because its not the only factor. Jesus...

Rich Oil owners is probably the biggest factor at play between the clubs tbh

nuxxx wrote: »

I think we have seen time and again that money doesn't guarantee anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

I think we have seen time and again that money doesn't guarantee anything.

City/Chelsea have both won leagues since all that money has been invested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Time to unfollow I think. Congratulations Liverpool fans. Deserved winners, not by a lot but deserved. For our sake, I hope it's not the end of the title race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Something like rich catalogue owners/pools companies were back in the seventies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

City/Chelsea have both won leagues since all that money has been invested.

Liverpool haven't exactly kept their hands in their pockets lol

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

You just want a big astrix besides Liverpool's name if they do go on and wrap up the league. It's okay to admit it.

Liamalone wrote: »

Don't think anyone has claimed that lol.

You just want a big astrix besides Liverpool's name if they do go on and wrap up the league. It's okay to admit it.

Read my posts, I actually said in plain English that it wasn't luck. I also congratulated Liverpool. You're seeing what you want to see. Can't help you with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

If I wasn't a slap head already I would have been anyway after watching that #aged5years

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

This thread is suffering from a Chazz attack.

htf_imgcache_28060.jpeg

If Liverpool win the league then no one else can complain. City and Chelsea had the finances and squad to cope with the extra European games. If they really do use Liverpool's lack of European action as an excuse then that is really scraping the barrel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

From 7th to champions, nobody can deny that's impressive. If it happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

bad2dabone wrote: »

As a Man U fan I'm banking on it for next year :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

who won man of the match? missed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

mayordenis wrote: »
    who won man of the match? missed it

I think Sterling got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

quarryman wrote: »
    Shouid have gone. No doubt.

And skyrtel literally PUNCHING the ball out.

Very lucky result for Liverpool but they'll tell you they EARNED it.

We've listened to others telling us we whinge about referee decisions and "the best team losing" so yeah, we earned it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If Liverpool win the league then no one else can complain. City and Chelsea had the finances and squad to cope with the extra European games. If they really do use Liverpool's lack of European action as an excuse then that is really scraping the barrel.
    bad2dabone wrote: »

Liverpool are actually having the season I thought Arsenal were having :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Liamalone wrote: »

Of course not, but relevant to City and Chelsea, Liverpool have spent a pittance. Even the likes of United and Spurs have side that were assembled at a considerably greater cost to that of Liverpool's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Liverpool are actually having the season I thought Arsenal were having :(

It's the form since January really when you think about it. We were only a point ahead of Everton when we played them in January and in a dog fight with them and Spurs fourth.

Chelsea now favourites for me because Liverpool winning it is still too unlikely.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

K-9 wrote: »
    It's the form since January really when you think about it. We were only a point ahead of Everton when we played them in January and in a dog fight with them and Spurs fourth.

Chelsea now favourites for me because Liverpool winning it is still too unlikely.

Yeah the run of form since then has been unbelievable. Wouldn't sell Liverpool short now, Chelsea have looked fairly poor in the league apart from thrashing us 6-0 and I can't see them winning in Anfield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The league will be decided at Anfield. It has not been a happy hunting ground for Chelsea (think the last time Chelsea won there in the League was May 2010?) and that Liverpool offensive line is just frightening at times. There is a belief, conviction and steel in that Liverpool squad right now that cannot be denied.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Of course not, but relevant to City and Chelsea, Liverpool have spent a pittance. Even the likes of United and Spurs have side that were assembled at a considerably greater cost to that of Liverpool's
    £150 million in three seasons is a pretty large amount to spend. Outside of Chelsea and City thats on a par with anybody else at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

ThirdMan wrote: »

Haven't got 7th place wrapped up yet ;)

ThirdMan wrote: »

Could well happen. I really do think Moyes is better than people think he is. I mean to be fair to him he has taken a job from a man who spent a little over 26 or so years in the job and won on average 1 league title every second year. He needs time to get things right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

No one can argue Liverpool don't deserve it if they win the league.

They've beaten everyone around them, played the best football, scored the most goals and have had the outstanding player(maybe players) in the league this year.

What they've spent, whether or not they were in Europe is completely irrelevant.

eagle eye wrote: »
    £150 million in three seasons is a pretty large amount to spend. Outside of Chelsea and City thats on a par with anybody else at the moment.

Actually it's roughly 97 million net spend in the last 3 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

See you all next weekend.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

eagle eye wrote: »

Yea absolutely it is. But it's still a league behind that of City and Chelsea.

My point regarding United etc referred to the cost of the current squad. Obviously that doesn't include the likes of Downing, Carroll etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

murpho999 wrote: »
    No you haven't

In a month's time you might see Stephen Gerrard lift the Premiership trophy at Anfield. You'll enjoy that.
    Damn, i just want to thank that post again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

5starpool wrote: »
    This thread is suffering from a Chazz attack.

htf_imgcache_28060.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was a cracking game of football. Fair play to the Liverpool fans for producing a smashing atmosphere. No one can begrudge the title going to Anfield if that's how it pans out as they have played some eye-catching stuff and won key games in style. I think the Chelsea game will be winner-takes-all.

PS I hope Jose plays Torres up top for the Anfield game just for the amazing sub-plot of Torres trying to deny the club where he once used to be idolised. You can't write that kind of script. (Don't fancy his chances though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! Have that bitches!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Actually it's roughly 97 million net spend in the last 3 years.

I had a look at transfer spend of premier league teams out of curiosity. Stoke have the 4th highest net spend at 91 million over the last 5 years, just a few quid behind united and more than Liverpool. Chelsea and city are way way out in front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Knex. wrote: »
    Madness from Suarez anyway. **** was he thinking?

was it in the box, if it was he deffo would have given it

Advertisement