Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Man City. Sun April 13th KO 13:37 SS1, Important Mod Warning in OP.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

No voodoo, honest prediction. I am expecting City to win it tomorrow. Hope I'm wrong, of course.

City will take the lead, Liverpool will push for an equaliser but not quite find it. A mirror image of the December game. 1-2 to City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Lapin wrote: »
    No mention of Kompany injury on MOTD.

They mentioned it at the end when showing one of the Sunday papers.

Apparently he was carried out of training, knee issue. He'll be travelling it seems, but interesting development from a Liverpool point of view.

Well im off to bed, to dream the impossible dream;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Any pics?

Nah.... :D

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I know sure they're only a couple of pages back. I was just slagging Shamrock55 by asking.

Don't think he picked up on it;)

Kompany is fit.

To the people who say he is not :May your children and your children's children be born with goats feet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Any cadence to the rumour YaYa is out after Kolo gave him a nuggie and stole his Capri sun ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Shamrock., What are these videos you are posting that don't play, intrigued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Personally I think Kompany has been poor this season in comparison to his performances over the last couple of seasons. He seems to get himself in trouble and then if he pulls off a last ditch, saving tackle which he should never have had to make the commentators start drooling over him. If I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be too worried if he does play.

I can't wait for this game, it should be a cracker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Paully D wrote: »
    Personally I think Kompany has been poor this season in comparison to his performances over the last couple of seasons. He seems to get himself in trouble and then if he pulls off a last ditch, saving tackle which he should never have had to make the commentators start drooling over him. If I were a Liverpool fan I wouldn't be too worried if he does play.

I can't wait for this game, it should be a cracker.

Agreed that he hasn't been up to his usual standards this season, but I'd still rather be facing Demichelis and Lescott.

Think Liverpool will come right out of the blocks and score first, but will probably concede at some point. Could be a classic if both attacks are on form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Sunday. Finally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Just said it on the superthread, its been far too long since days like these for Liverpool fans. The bubble probably will burst me being the eternal realist, but hell, what a season it was to get here.

2-2 draw, Sturridge and Gerrard for Liverpool.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Finally D-Day has arrived
    2-1 pool Sturridge and Luis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Mister Gooey

I don't know if the blood pressure will be able to handle watching this match live. I might record it and then fast forward through the scary bits! Come on the 'pool!!!

Woo hooo its sunday!! I wish i didnt wake so early though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Woo hooo its sunday!! I wish i didnt wake so early though

Same here! Stupid body clock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

shítting a brick already.

I'm going to be a mess.

How's things

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

oops wrong thread,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Never mind for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

RasTa wrote: »
    Never mind for now.

City will win easily so you'll get your chance fella, patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Two dodgy penalties for Liverpool and a red card for City.
    They've been getting those decisions all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

City will win easily so you'll get your chance fella, patience.

I actually don't care who wins today. My hatred for City is strong. Also the novelty factor of Liverpool wining the league this season would be similar to the 2005 win so pretty remarkable if they did it.

I was asking about some user who got a perm ban recently for nothing but then seen the message in the op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

its ridiculous, i feel so nervous and all i am doing is waiting for a football match! :o

the time is going by so slowly too! :(

i am hoping Liverpool can do it, but as ever i am cautiously optimistic! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It doesn't matter how Kompany has played all season, it's the bloody captain for God's sake...losing your captain before a game like this is disaster...and regardless Kompany is the best CB in the league on his day. Form doesn't necessarily matter on days like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Have to watch it in work but hopefully the Pool fans will out number the City ones to make me get through it a bit better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭PurpleSt4in

With almost all of the other big clashes this season I have been reasonably able to predict the outcome. I am absolutely clueless as to how this one will turn out. Mouthwatering stuff, hope everyone's on form.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I'm the best dad ever building a fort in the living room. Little do they know it's just so I can hide from the TV later...

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭plannerscanner

Was nervous before the WH game as I wanted LFC to get to this Sunday with this game being as big as it is.

Now I can enjoy it - this is f'in brilliant. LFC involved in the biggest game of the season, going for the title, playing superb high intensity football. The past few months have been the proudest of my time as an LFC fan and long may it continue.

Enjoy the game - quietly confident :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

As a NEUTRAL :rolleyes::D ,,I'm really looking forward to this ,

Suarez , Aguero (hopefully) and Silva on the same pitch . Should be fantastic ,

The Beautiful thing for the neutral football fan is that either team could turn it on and destroy the other .

So i'll go for a.................win .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

This is going to be a long two hours.

Any word on Kompany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Just cant see past Liverpool, think its wrote in the stars for them. If Kompany is out that only cements it. Fancy Sturridge to score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

K-9 wrote: »
    Just said it on the superthread, its been far too long since days like these for Liverpool fans. The bubble probably will burst me being the eternal realist, but hell, what a season it was to get here.

2-2 draw, Sturridge and Gerrard for Liverpool.

Spot on.

The season has far exceeded anyone's expectations so far. Rodgers and the team have done exceptionally well.

Anything from here is a bonus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Tv on mute check
    Batteries out of remote check
    Cushion behind the couch(could be a long stint) check
    Refreshments behind the couch check
    Ready to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Tv on mute check
    Batteries out of remote check
    Cushion behind the couch(could be a long stint) check
    Refreshments behind the couch check
    Ready to go

Refreshments=Bottle of JD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Kompany is sh-ite anyway, I hope he plays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Predicting a narrow win for one team. A draw is also a possibility. Neutrals should be looking forward to it, two of the leagues underdogs going toe to toe for an advantage in the title race. Doubt Kompany is really injured, although he will be a big loss if he is. And finally, best of luck to City, if we don't win the league I hope they do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

This must be a United fans idea of a worst nightmare :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This feels like a Cup Final Day. Perhaps better... Or is it worse. I dunno, perspective is warped ta fcuk and I'm a bag of nerves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Predicting a narrow win for one team. A draw is also a possibility. Neutrals should be looking forward to it, two of the leagues underdogs going toe to toe for an advantage in the title race. Doubt Kompany is really injured, although he will be a big loss if he is. And finally, best of luck to City, if we don't win the league I hope they do.
    Never been so excited for a match as a neutral, man. These top of the table clashes, you expect 0-0 or 1-0 either way normally, today no, I reckon 4 or more goals in this one. CAN'T WAIT!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Yawns wrote: »
    I'm the best dad ever building a fort in the living room. Little do they know it's just so I can hide from the TV later...

A fort? Pfft....I could build a small housing estate with the amount of bricks I'm shitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Score draw for me, 1-1.
    It will be interesting to see what happens if its level with 10mins to go.
    Esp from a Liverpool POV, do they go for it and put their destiny in their own hands?
    or content with a draw and hope City drop points elsewhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Hidalgo wrote: »
    Score draw for me, 1-1.
    It will be interesting to see what happens if its level with 10mins to go.
    Esp from a Liverpool POV, do they go for it and put their destiny in their own hands?
    or content with a draw and hope City drop points elsewhere?

I think this will be a draw game, and the Everton v City game is the one that will decide the title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Raf32 wrote: »
    This must be a United fans idea of a worst nightmare :pac:

Or we could look at it " as the day one of our biggest rivals gets knock out of title race,"

Yes it grasping at straws but what else have we had this season.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anfield road a few mins ago.

BlGMX7IIEAAtxYu.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement