Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GONG - Whelans - 31st Oct 2014

Options
  • 11-04-2014 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭

I'll have to hit this Prog madness :)

02-Gong-2014-Tour_Poster_final-all-dates-web-723x1024.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Looks good, although where is Gilli Smyth, Mike Howlett and Steve Hillage, when I saw them in 2009 in Edinburgh twas more like the PHP band. What I don't understand is why are they not booked for one of the woods stages at EP or at Body & Soul festival. Might try and get a ticket for this anyway, have Gong ever played Ireland before or did the Catholic church ban them in the 1970s I wonder.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I think they played in 2009 ... but not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mcdonut

A bit of googling reminds me that I saw them in the Mean Fiddler on wexford street in April 1996.It was a good gig(I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 geddylee

If only the ozric tentacles would come over too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

I'll be heading to this!!;)
    geddylee wrote: »
    If only the ozric tentacles would come over too.

They played here not so long ago in the Button Factory.......had a ticket and got the night wrong!!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭MollyZ

Sad to say that this gig has been cancelled as Daevid Allen has been unwell :-(

http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2014/08/gong-cancels-balance-of-dates-for-year.html

Advertisement