Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major technical problem with lodgement system today

Options
  • 11-04-2014 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would let everyone know that bank of Ireland experienced a major technical issue with their lodgement machines today. Basically if you lodged money after 12pm today the money won't hit your account until Monday.

As usual the bank haven't told their customers about this.

I knew about this glitch at 3:30 today. How come the bank of Ireland representatives on here didn't let their customers know about this.
    There are serious communications problems.

I'm disgusted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jpb7

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Just thought I would let everyone know that bank of Ireland experienced a major technical issue with their lodgement machines today. Basically if you lodged money after 12pm today the money won't hit your account until Monday.

As usual the bank haven't told their customers about this.

I knew about this glitch at 3:30 today. How come the bank of Ireland representatives on here didn't let their customers know about this.
    There are serious communications problems.

I'm disgusted

Don't get me started I'm f****ng livid too

I rang 365 online tonight about this ..

I was at my branch today and used the automated lodgement facility to lodge cash to cover the cost of booking a flight today when I went online to book the flight my card was "declined". I then logged onto my 365 online account only to find that the lodgement didn't appear on my account

I contacted a 365 agent only to be told that ALL of the lodgement machines were "updating " their software between the hours if 13:00 14:00 today
    They use "WINDOWS XP" unbrleieveable!!!!
    Now I have to sweat it out untill Monday to book my flight
    They knew abiut this today if I had gone up to the teller today I wouldn't be in this position

They DONT Want you near the desk no HUMAN CONTACT

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭JAMM222

Jpb7 wrote: »
    Don't get me started I'm f****ng livid too

I rang 365 online tonight about this ..

I was at my branch today and used the automated lodgement facility to lodge cash to cover the cost of booking a flight today when I went online to book the flight my card was "declined". I then logged onto my 365 online account only to find that the lodgement didn't appear on my account

I contacted a 365 agent only to be told that ALL of the lodgement machines were "updating " their software between the hours if 13:00 14:00 today
    They use "WINDOWS XP" unbrleieveable!!!!
    Now I have to sweat it out untill Monday to book my flight
    They knew abiut this today if I had gone up to the teller today I wouldn't be in this position

They DONT Want you near the desk no HUMAN CONTACT

Couldn't agree more, it's a shambles, you can't do anything in the bank anymore.
    I can't understand the point in them having representatives on here if they aren't going to inform us of issues like this. All they ever do here is say please PM me your details.
    In other news I got my statement from my bank of Ireland savings account and it turns out I am getting a whopping 0.03% interest on my savings.

Worst bank ever.

JAMM222 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more, it's a shambles, you can't do anything in the bank anymore.
    I can't understand the point in them having representatives on here if they aren't going to inform us of issues like this. All they ever do here is say please PM me your details.
    In other news I got my statement from my bank of Ireland savings account and it turns out I am getting a whopping 0.03% interest on my savings.

Worst bank ever.

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We have since been advised, essential maintenance to our Lodgement ATMs was conducted on Friday. As a result there is a delay in crediting some lodgements to accounts. It is anticipated that all lodgements will be in accounts by close of business today.

We wish to reassure you that this was essential maintenance and had no connection to Windows XP. Our ATMs and all other systems are not affected and our branches are available for lodgements and withdrawals.

We wish to apologise for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks
    Tara 

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

We have since been advised, essential maintenance to our Lodgement ATMs was conducted on Friday. As a result there is a delay in crediting some lodgements to accounts. It is anticipated that all lodgements will be in accounts by close of business today.

We wish to reassure you that this was essential maintenance and had no connection to Windows XP. Our ATMs and all other systems are not affected and our branches are available for lodgements and withdrawals.

We wish to apologise for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks
    Tara 

Hi tara

Why didn't you post about this on Friday?

• Advertisement

Hi JAMM222,

We are here on Boards from 8am until 5pm Monday to Friday and will always post updates as they are received during these hours. From time to time we will post updates outside of our core hours. We did not do that this time as the maintenance window was very short and only a small number of customers were affected. As previously mentioned, all lodgements should appear in accounts by close of business today. 

Thanks
    Tara

Hi JAMM222,

We are here on Boards from 8am until 5pm Monday ay and will always post updates as they are received during these hours. From time to time we will post updates outside of our core hours. We did not do that this time as the maintenance window was very short and only a small number of customers were affected. As previously mentioned, all lodgements should appear in accounts by close of business today. 

Thanks
    Tara

Thanks for responding, I knew about this glitch at 3:30pm on Friday I cant understand why you couldn't have posted then. The maintenance window lasted more than 48 hours(that's not short) you left people without money for the weekend which isn't fair.
    If people knew about the problem they could have made alternative arrangements to lodge money into their accounts.
    Every customer is important, just because this only affected a small amount of customers is irrelevant.

Why can't you admit that this was a communication problem between departments in bank of Ireland?

Hi JAMM222,

As mentioned, the Reps will always post on Boards as soon as updates are received. We really appreciate the time you've taken to provide us with your feedback here and we will ensure to communicate this on.

Thanks
    Tara   

Hi JAMM222,

As mentioned, the Reps will always post on Boards as soon as updates are received. We really appreciate the time you've taken to provide us with your feedback here and we will ensure to communicate this on.

Thanks
    Tara   

The problem is that you didn't receive the update, which means its a communication problem.
    It would be great if you could just admit it

It's absolutely pointless having a forum if you don't use it to update customers.

I think its disgraceful that you left customers without money or information for the weekend.

Terrible customer service, gross miscommunication

Advertisement