Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Window and Door supplers and fitters?

Options
  • 11-04-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm wondering if anybody could recommend any places that are good and reasonably priced for windows and doors.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Hi I'm wondering if anybody could recommend any places that are good and reasonably priced for windows and doors.
    Thanks

What part of the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Keano302013

Sorry just noticed, Dublin thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

-snip- are supposed to be good!

.. I got a quote with them before but they were a little bit dearer than others. In the end the boys we went with were a disaster... Builders who thought they could put in windows and doors...-Snip- to come out and have a look and they spotted all the mistakes and suggested fixes...saving up to get em back to fix it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 roisincorran

I went with [snip] and they were cheap and excellent. Cheap enough for me to go for triple glazing instead of double glazing the price was so good. Clean qu8ck and well fitted also.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Mod Note: Any recommendations by PM only. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 citywide

Hi can you pm me who you went with thanks
    I went with [snip] and they were cheap and excellent. Cheap enough for me to go for triple glazing instead of double glazing the price was so good. Clean qu8ck and well fitted also.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Hi can you PM me who you went with also?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kitchenkid

Hi can you PM me who supplied windows and doors dublin that you were happy with thank you folks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mully28

would love pm to know who people are recommending. i had bad experience with one particular company who have a showroom in santry and terenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Selfbuilder14

We have had a few quotes and would also like to know who to go for. if anybody can pm any recommended window companies it would be very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭D_D

About to do some work on my own home and would love to know people's opinions on this... PM would be great. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 James Allen

Armelodie wrote: »
    What part of the world?

Hi are you still looking for window fitters if so you should try [snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Can anyone reccommend window suppliers by PM please?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mick23

Starting a new build soon if anyone can recommend window suppliers that would be great . thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daithik09

8 weeks in to a extn and next on the list are the windows, could you please PM me any recommendations. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

it would help if people stated what type of windows they were looking for.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Daithik09

Sorry Mr Moderator, a reasonable request. Looking for guidance on suppliers and general pricing White Upvc windows double glazed, for Bedrooms and Living rooms. In dublin area, supply and fit

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭magicray

I would love a few recommendations by pm for triple glazed windows too - I am in Dublin

I have got a couple of quotes but there is a huge difference between them for what appears to be the same thing ?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭leanbh

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I'm looking for recommendations for a good, reasonably priced window suppliers.
    PM me please.

I'm in south county Dublin and am looking for two front windows, box bay windows, supplied and fitted.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blass

Hello, resurrecting this thread!
    Looking for recommendations for a good supplier/fitter of residential windows.
    2* 5 pane bay windows and 4 other regular windows.
    been quoted prices from eur8500 to eur18500 for what seems to be the same products.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Tuesdayschild

Please pm me also any recommendations, need whole house windows replaced in meath area (for my parents house)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sb2015

Hi would love some recommendations by PM.
    Interested in double glazed aluclad windows for a new build in the north east area. Will also include some sliding glazed doors. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭hooplah

Looking for guidance on suppliers and general pricing White Upvc windows double glazed, for entire [2 storey tereaced] house.
    In dublin 9 / 11 area, supply and fit.
    If you could pm me that would be great. If you could I'd love details on cost and how long things took.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fesbanko

Hi all, like the rest here I'm hoping to source some good windows and doors for a renovation. I think we can handle the instalation part of it but don't have a generic price guide to work with. I'm in the South Co. Dublin area and looking for 3x PVC windows approximately 1m x1m, a small bathroom window, and an external door.

What price range do you think I should budget for? and if you have any recommendations could you please PM me the company you used, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Unfortunately the Boards forum policy prevents the public sharing of information on suppliers. Have a search through www.ebuild.co.uk. Its a different country/currency but you will find a lot of useful info on suppliers who also operate in the Irish market. An example is post #9 on this thread http://www.ebuild.co.uk/topic/14800-what-information-do-i-need-for-a-3g-window-quote/page__p__105187__hl__+internorm%20+munster#entry105187

• Registered Users Posts: 48 WIne Gums

Hi All
    I would love some recommendations by PM.

I have double glazing in aluminium frames.
    Looking at replace the glass, frames ok, but open to everything.
    In Dublin 3 area

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭macbane66

Hi

Also would like a pm recommendation need 4 dormer windows (timber) repaired, 1 of them replaced , kildare area

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭cargen

Please send pm too. Need to replace 3 upvc windows. Thanks

Advertisement