Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** LC accounting 2014 - predictions , discussion, etc **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nof121

Tabular
    Thanks! But what the possible combinations on question 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭robman60

Published
    There's no chance that both club and service will come up as separate 100 mark questions. The difference between the two Qs is insignificant. Think "S" Sole trader, Service, Suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Nema123lol

Suspense
    robman60 wrote: »
    There's no chance that both club and service will come up as separate 100 mark questions. The difference between the two Qs is insignificant. Think "S" Sole trader, Service, Suspense!

Oh yeah i know, what i meant was Club OR Service will come up! not both! for the 100 markers, i think it will be interpretation (obviously), Service or Club, and Suspense!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Published
    halppme wrote: »
    Okay, I've read every post seeking predictions but I'm just a bit confused. In fifth year I was getting A1's all the time, come sixth year I don't know what happened, started getting bad and then failed the Pre :(

PLEASE what will I study??? I don't do Q1's or Q5, can someone just give me six or seven accounts (60/100 markers?) that I should concentrate on

At this stage, it's impossible to cover all questions. I've been told by my grinds teacher to focus on controls, cash flow, suspense, service/club, marginal and production budget

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Isitthough?

Cashflow
    Oh God as we approach the exams. I am feeling scared. Do you have any predictions for accounting?

I'd suggest you go over heat just before the exam. And perhaps optics too especially the definition.
    Thanks for advice! And I dont know I feel accounting is unpredictable I mean people are expecting a suspense but there have been times where a question wouldnt have came up in 4 or 5 years before it came up so Just cause it hasnt come up since 2010 doesnt mean it will come up this year. there was a 6 year gap until cash flow came up in 2008. I would spend your time on suspense and usually with suspence its put with an easier question like club/service which is what both mocks expected so do them. tabular also likely hasnt come up since 2011. Q1 most likely sole trader maybe company but theyre kinda the same. I would maybe print off a incomplete record type B and look at where some of the numbers are from cause that hasnt come up since 2009 and they have but a type A and Type B back to back before but if you know ratios you wouldnt have too do that.
    I know that didnt narrow things down for you but Predictions in accounting dont go far, just focus on "likely things" suspense club and service then sole. ;) Going through this electron stuff..God help me:confused: Hope Ill pass..
    Oh and sorry for bringing some Accounting into a physics thread :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shanemac28

Tabular
    Is it very risky to have only Ratios and Club/Service?

Cashflow
    Shanemac28 wrote: »
    Is it very risky to have only Ratios and Club/Service?

well the mocks were saying club and service. But it is risky. Can you do suspense? if you cant do them there probably isnt time to learn how to do them but if you can do them they're likely but again theres always a risk. I dont think accounting predictions go very far:pac:

Published
    Can anyone explain to me the part B of the Q5? What do you do? Just compare the figures or...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marbor1696

Published
    does anyone know what could come up in the accounting ordinary paper? i know Q5 & Q7 are always the same but what could come up for Q1 , Q6 ,Q8 & 9?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 scallway

Does anyone think we could get a departmental question 1? For honours? I need an A1 and my teacher said judging from an inservice she was at that it is a possibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Delightfully Bright

Tabular
    scallway wrote: »
    Does anyone think we could get a departmental question 1? For honours? I need an A1 and my teacher said judging from an inservice she was at that it is a possibility

It's possible because it's on the syllabus but if they put it up there would be uproar. I can't see the SEC bringing that much trouble on themselves because they'd have to make a bell curve but many teachers haven't even taught it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 forlifebaby

Tabular
    Thanks for advice! And I dont know I feel accounting is unpredictable I mean people are expecting a suspense but there have been times where a question wouldnt have came up in 4 or 5 years before it came up so Just cause it hasnt come up since 2010 doesnt mean it will come up this year. there was a 6 year gap until cash flow came up in 2008. I would spend your time on suspense and usually with suspence its put with an easier question like club/service which is what both mocks expected so do them. tabular also likely hasnt come up since 2011. Q1 most likely sole trader maybe company but theyre kinda the same. I would maybe print off a incomplete record type B and look at where some of the numbers are from cause that hasnt come up since 2009 and they have but a type A and Type B back to back before but if you know ratios you wouldnt have too do that.
    I know that didnt narrow things down for you but Predictions in accounting dont go far, just focus on "likely things" suspense club and service then sole. ;) Going through this electron stuff..God help me:confused: Hope Ill pass..
    Oh and sorry for bringing some Accounting into a physics thread :p

I think I know suspense inside out. :) club/service 100 marker would be a dream come true. I have this uneasy feeling that farm a/c will come up somewhere in the paper. And cashflow will probably makes it appearance in q 2/3/4. I have looked over incomplete both types alright just to be sure :)

I don't know tabular at all. I don't understand it. :/:/:/

Oops I am sorry too haha

I am sure you'll be okay. I am giving up on physics for today. we still have an hour after accounting to go over physics anyway. you are so lucky that all you need is high C in physics. I need an A1 in physics. I would be surprised as hell if I don't. I will go berserk if the paper is a mess tomorrow (cuz secretly I have given up on chemistry..)

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lara_15

Published

I am sure you'll be okay. I am giving up on physics for today. we still have an hour after accounting to go over physics anyway. you are so lucky that all you need is high C in physics. I need an A1 in physics. I would be surprised as hell if I don't. I will go berserk if the paper is a mess tomorrow (cuz secretly I have given up on chemistry..)

I thought physics was first, then accounting

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Published
    Can anyone explain to me the part B of the Q5? What do you do? Just compare the figures or...?

State relative figure
    State wherher its an increasing or decreasing trend
    Explain whether thats good or bad
    Say why bank manager/shareholders/deb holders would be interested in it
    Say whether they would be happy with it

Cashflow
    I think I know suspense inside out. :) club/service 100 marker would be a dream come true. I have this uneasy feeling that farm a/c will come up somewhere in the paper. And cashflow will probably makes it appearance in q 2/3/4. I have looked over incomplete both types alright just to be sure :)

I don't know tabular at all. I don't understand it. :/:/:/

Oops I am sorry too haha

Lol your fine for accounting then, do you know ratios? Im fine with everything but Im a bit dodgey on cash flows for some reason:( I dont know ratios and dont know whether I should do them I did them before but a long time ago...
    Oh and as Lara said Physics is 1st then accounting :p

Cashflow
    scallway wrote: »

Yeah there would be uproar just look at a sample if you have any they actually dont look that hard I wouldnt practice one but I would look at one see where numbers are from etc.. Anyways if it did it would be answered badly and so it will be marked easy. they still need the same amount of A's B's etc..

Published
    does anyone know if the marking scheme in accounting is all or nothing.
    like for example I just did a sole trader and my notes for the suspense/insurance thingy were right I just took down the wrong number off the calculator does that mean I lose the whole 8 marks that was going for that figure or just 1 or 2???

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galpal123

Tabular
    Lara_15 wrote: »
    does anyone know if the marking scheme in accounting is all or nothing.
    like for example I just did a sole trader and my notes for the suspense/insurance thingy were right I just took down the wrong number off the calculator does that mean I lose the whole 8 marks that was going for that figure or just 1 or 2???

If the figure is wrong in the account they'll go back to you adjustments and try give you marks up to your mistake, as long as you've shown your work!

Published
    galpal123 wrote: »
    If the figure is wrong in the account they'll go back to you adjustments and try give you marks up to your mistake, as long as you've shown your work!

thank god for that. I always take numbers down wrong and mix them up like writing 1234 instead of 1324, and I dont want it to bring me down loads on the day

Published
    Yeah there would be uproar just look at a sample if you have any they actually dont look that hard I wouldnt practice one but I would look at one see where numbers are from etc.. Anyways if it did it would be answered badly and so it will be marked easy. they still need the same amount of A's B's etc..

My only concern is that there actually wouldn't be that much of a change in the marking because the people who do the 60 markers would benefit if departmental came up. We haven't even done it and if it comes up, there'll have to be two 60 mark questions that we can do. By this I mean not questions like depreciation and revaluation. Otherwise it would be horrifically unfair on the people who do question 1s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Nema123lol

Suspense
    Does anyone think they would repeat Published or Incomplete as 100 mark questions for this year again?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 galpal123

Tabular
    Lara_15 wrote: »
    thank god for that. I always take numbers down wrong and mix them up like writing 1234 instead of 1324, and I dont want it to bring me down loads on the day

So do I, or simple calculator errors! To lose a grade over something so simple would be infuriating!

Published
    Nema123lol wrote: »
    Does anyone think they would repeat Published or Incomplete as 100 mark questions for this year again?

The alternative incomplete question is a possibility but I still don't expect it to appear. If that happens, I'll just do interpretation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Shanemac28

Tabular
    well the mocks were saying club and service. But it is risky. Can you do suspense? if you cant do them there probably isnt time to learn how to do them but if you can do them they're likely but again theres always a risk. I dont think accounting predictions go very far:pac:

I can get half marks in Suspense but wouldn't be my favorite question! The fact that I have Ratios means I will have a choice hopefully!

Published
    Praying for both service and suspense to be the 100 markers! Too lazy to learn the interpretations now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19 chelliam1

Published
    are any marks going for general headings and labelling the columns with euro signs? I know on the marking scheme the headings for administration and selling and distribution are worth marks but are all the others? Like for production budget do you need to know its direct materials then direct costs then factory overheads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 J.b96_

Tabular
    What does everyone think for Q2,3,4? Hopefully revaluation/depreciation, cash flow and wouldn't mind published. I'm learning interpretation and suspense for section 2 and might glance over service, and for Q9 either cash or production

Cashflow
    Nema123lol wrote: »

They did repeat incomplete before in 2000 it was type A and 2001 type B so its possible

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

Published
    2012 farm accounts on statement of capital where are they getting 240 as loan int ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

I do OL Accounting and I'm nearly sorted for tomorrow but could someone tell me how I work out debenture interest due on final accounts of a company?

Advertisement