Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vibrant property market in Waterford.

Options
  • 11-04-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭

Don't believe what you read in the papers, even if it's backed up by hard statistics. There I was thinking that Waterford's property market was a bit ... sluggish, maybe on a par with - lagging behind - places like Offaly and Leitrim.

Well obviously not. Over the last month or so, I've emailed every estate agent on Daft.ie with commercial property for sale and to let in Waterford City, with a view to bringing in a number of French artists and entrepreneurs.

Not

one

single

reply.

There must be great a great buzz in the city now that all those empty windows I saw in December are glittering with new life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Don't believe what you read in the papers, even if it's backed up by hard statistics. There I was thinking that Waterford's property market was a bit ... sluggish, maybe on a par with - lagging behind - places like Offaly and Leitrim.

Well obviously not. Over the last month or so, I've emailed every estate agent on Daft.ie with commercial property for sale and to let in Waterford City, with a view to bringing in a number of French artists and entrepreneurs.

Not

one

single

reply.

There must be great a great buzz in the city now that all those empty windows I saw in December are glittering with new life.

don't think anyone in 5+ years has called the property market in Waterford vibrant. the stats say there is a tiny increase I think so keep your misplaced indignation for something else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Maybe the op should e mail Eircom about getting fibre broadband if he wants to try the depths of indignation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

jeez how dare you talk up the property market on here:rolleyes:

If you look on Daft youll see alot of properties are actually begining to rise in price some as much as 10,000, I suppose its down to location. I heard that all the next phase of kill saint lawerance have already been sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cronkfield

Any of the half decent houses in Waterford for sale on Daft have gone done in price, well the last time I checked anyway(last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Not

one

single

reply.

That's pretty crap in fairness...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

fricatus wrote: »
    That's pretty crap in fairness...

I had the same problem a while back. Had a business idea and wanted to view properties to see if they were suitable. Emailed every agent in town and got one reply from one agent with a property thar was the total opposite of what I specified.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Not just me then!

Actually, I know it's not me because I've made similar enquiries of agents in the Sligo-Mayo area in particular and in respect of a few other individual properties elsewhere, and have had (useful) replies within a couple of hours or a few days with apologies for the delay.

I've ranted about this before on other threads, but what is it about businesses in Waterford and their apparent determination never to reply to enquiries or offers? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭padraig.od

jeez how dare you talk up the property market on here:rolleyes:

If you look on Daft youll see alot of properties are actually begining to rise in price some as much as 10,000, I suppose its down to location. I heard that all the next phase of kill saint lawerance have already been sold.

Asking prices != Selling prices

Advertisement