Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time Mature Preparation For 3rd Level course question.

Options
  • 11-04-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

I was offered this course for free by I.T. Tallaght because I applied for a degree there to begin in September.

The College took our pps numbers when we began, so I presumed that they themselves would have informed welfare of my participation.

It is only around 12 hours a week lasting 11 weeks and it leads to some kind of a level 6 partial award.

I will phone welfare and the college about this on Monday but any advice on this matter in the meantime would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

That is known as welfare fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

srsly78 wrote: »
    That is known as welfare fraud.

Ok then. I will contact them asap to let them know my mistake. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Are you applying for BTEA for the degree course starting in September? If you are eligible for that, then I don't think this part time Access/Foundation course will pose any difficulty to your Jobseekers payment continuing during this part time course. The College will have informed them but it is always best to go into Social Welfare yourself about any changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Beakflakes

I called into them Today with my timetable and a letter from the college outlining the hours per week and duration. They said that it's fine to participate and it won't affect my benefit because it's so few hours and it's conducted at night time.

Advertisement