Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knockanstockan

Options
  • 11-04-2014 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Announced today some of the line up although only 2 days this year. I'm pretty happy and at only €75 for a ticket its a bit of a bargain. Had a cracking time last year. Can't even remember who I saw but it was a class weekend with a brilliant vibe and laughed my arse off from start to finish.
    So anyone else going? I can't wait!

10001476_828081723872632_1282702937695000412_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Did many go to this last year? Not too expensive and and not too far from where I live, considering going out for a look. Is it only bands though or will there be stages/huts with djs or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Did many go to this last year? Not too expensive and and not too far from where I live, considering going out for a look. Is it only bands though or will there be stages/huts with djs or anything like that?

Went to it last year and it was awesome, laughed my arse off all weekend and had a brill time. Pretty sure there were DJ's etc. For the price and the Line up this year I highly recommend it.
    Still have to sort my own ticket but just been made redundant and will cry if I can't make it this year.
    Great crowd as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Good fun, well organised, but the music was awful.

Coles wrote: »
    Good fun, well organised, but the music was awful.

Aaawwww thats a bit harsh and this years line up is looking pretty good no? I draw slow and O Emperor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Coles

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Aaawwww thats a bit harsh and this years line up is looking pretty good no? I draw slow and O Emperor?
    +1. I completely agree that this year looks good. But the music last year was still awful. The year before that was pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Not long now! Anyone have any public transport tips for getting to Lacken? I have to be there early on the Thursday as I'm volunteering... *grumble grumble*

Devastated, can't go to this now. Dog was attacked and have to pay vets bills instead. (poorly pooch is ok) Have been looking forward to it all year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Whats the story with campervan tickets for this? No info about them on the site but they're referenced in the faq part

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Devastated, can't go to this now. Dog was attacked and have to pay vets bills instead. (poorly pooch is ok) Have been looking forward to it all year.

Jaysis, not only being not able to go but for such a horrible reason too! As a fellow doggie owner I feel for you, glad pooch is ok!

Speaking of, as a volunteer, I got an email the other day saying dogs were no longer allowed on site as they had in previous years. Apart from being a good idea, I wonder what changed.

How far is the car park lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

Camper van tickets are sold out.
    The car park is in a separate field a ways away along a back road. A shuttle bus ferries people and their equipment from the car park to the camping/festival site.

That's a nightmare as I'd be kipping in a jeep, dunno if I'll bother now.

Anyone has a camper ticket going, let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

nm wrote: »
    That's a nightmare as I'd be kipping in a jeep, dunno if I'll bother now.

Anyone has a camper ticket going, let me know.

It's only 15ish minutes to walk back to the carpark, IIRC, and downhill :) They put on the shuttle buses mainly for people who have to hump their gear up to the campsite, up hill, along a narrow country road. Walking unencumbered to your jeep at the end of the night would be no bother.

If you're wavering, go if the weather's good. Lovely spot and nice laid-back vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Hands down one of the best festivals I've been too. The atmosphere and setting can't be beaten for Irish festivals. Although the line up lacks the star billing of rival festivals, it's not without some brilliant emerging local acts. This is a good "Ones to watch" list http://www.goldenplec.com/knockanstockan-2014-top-10-plec-picks/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rushopp

Absolutely buzzing for it always a great festival. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone selling tickets a couple of my friends left it too late and its after selling out? Would be much appreciated if anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

rushopp wrote: »
    Absolutely buzzing for it always a great festival. I was wondering if anyone knows anyone selling tickets a couple of my friends left it too late and its after selling out? Would be much appreciated if anyone can.

Apparently, there are still some tickets for sale from Sweeney's on Dame St. On line sales are sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Shankly Gates

They are gone in Sweeneys too. I'm looking for a ticket for myself :o

So sick I can't go to this. I could literally cry. Was looking forward to it for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 m-dog

Anyone know what the story is with a bar at the festival? It's byo so don't know if this means there's no bar as it's also not sponsored by any specific beer or anything? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

m-dog wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with a bar at the festival? It's byo so don't know if this means there's no bar as it's also not sponsored by any specific beer or anything? Cheers!

http://knockanstockan.ie/festival/news/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭phunks

So what did people think it? Thought it was great myself. Great tunes, great weather and great people. Only bad thing was how quick the 2 days went.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭emo72

anyone? was it good craic? anyone try the fancy tents?

Weird crowd, mix of hippies (good) and a fair few scumbags (bad).

Generally it was good though, the sun made Friday amazing, organisation was all over the place but that's okay, it's a small festival.

I'd go again for sure.

Advertisement