Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cable glanding

Options
  • 11-04-2014 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭

What's the better practice or the norm? When cable glanding into a panel or trucking header i usually place the earth ring (banjo) on the outside with a bolt. Recently in a large MV switch room I've seen 3 types. Banjo on the inside with bolt and linked out with others in 10/6mm^2 down to the earth bar (not very tidy at all)

I only ask because were fitting a new panel i like to keep some sort of pattern. If it was painted id most likely link them out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

if I was glanding swa into galvanised steel I'd stick the banjo on the inside... no earth flylead needed I would say

painted metal and the like I'd use a flylead.... not too sure about linking them up?

pvc panels... banjo and flylead inside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Tuco88

if I was glanding swa into galvanised steel I'd stick the banjo on the inside... no earth flylead needed I would say

painted metal and the like I'd use a flylead.... not too sure about linking them up?

pvc panels... banjo and flylead inside

Cheers tom, honestly the switch room is very poorly done early 90s. Its a large chemical plant, is it normal practice to use flyleads on each. There all lined in one and 1 fly lead down to the bar but its very messy. I was told that the banjos were to go outside for inspection on metal surfaces?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I put them outside anyway. Better contact with the glands as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

Bruthal wrote: »
    I put them outside anyway. Better contact with the glands as well.

yes I think i was wrong there

Advertisement