Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog pee on mattress

• 12-04-2014 12:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Grrrr one of my dogs has peed on my mattress, a small patch at my feet (where she sleeps). I stripped the bed scrubbed it with biological detergent and warm water. We decided we would sleep in spare room, pulled off duvet and found a massive pee that had dried in :( duvet stunk aswell :( needless to say I will buy a new duvet. I scrubbed the mattress with biological detergent and warm water but I think it might be a lost cause :( any tips or do I need to buy a new mattress?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

A steamer maybe.

I picked up a cheap one on amazon a few weeks ago for a little over €30.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00DY6U516/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397294601&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

A steamer maybe.

I picked up a cheap one on amazon a few weeks ago for a little over €30.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00DY6U516/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397294601&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX110_SY165

Shock horror duvet actually fitted into the washing machine! I actually have a Karcher steamer so will try that! Thanks a mil! The mattress doesn't smell anymore after I scrubbed it with bio detergent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Is your dog showing signs of incontinence? My elderly dog is, he leaked on the bed once (they come lie on our beds for an hour while we're reading) - shock horror duvet like yours. Ive bought a package of human incontinence sheets - they're smallish white/blue mattress protector type things. So now elderly dog is 'trained' (hah!) to stay on the incontinence sheet when on our bed :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

aonb wrote: »
    Is your dog showing signs of incontinence? My elderly dog is, he leaked on the bed once (they come lie on our beds for an hour while we're reading) - shock horror duvet like yours. Ive bought a package of human incontinence sheets - they're smallish white/blue mattress protector type things. So now elderly dog is 'trained' (hah!) to stay on the incontinence sheet when on our bed :o

No this dog is not incontinent she is obviously upset about something. She pees or poos in house when she is worried or even if I am stressed! (Strange but true!) she peed where she sleeps (at bottom of my bed under duvet and then did a big pee on bed in spare room). One of the other dogs are incontinent but on wonder drugs for it :)

Advertisement