Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara x Friesian

Options
  • 12-04-2014 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi guys just wondering if I crossed my Connemara mare with a fresian stallion what type of foal would I get would it be black my mare is grey..would it have the high step of the fresian or would I b better of crossing with a trotter I want a catchy driver an experience or advice appreciated thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

With regard the colouring, from what I remember of genetics, it's most likely going to be grey. Grey is a dominant gene over black but I say most likely because Friesians carry an Ed gene, as opposed to the EE or Ee needed for black. Ed is more dominant than the other two, but I'm not sure its more dominant over grey.
    With the high step, it's chance. There is really no way of knowing that until you have the foal...

Advertisement