Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ah jaysis [TV3 secures RWC rights]

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Ah lads, it's only a feckin promo.
    Match day is where it will count.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

LEIN wrote: »

Agreed a thought the promo was fairly ok in fairness but as you say makes no difference match day

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

LEIN wrote: »

Yeah some of the RTE promo's were excellent, not all though it has to be said just a couple, but the on day the match experience was incredibly negatized :P:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

I'm afraid for those of us north of the border it'll be ITV because of HD. Its a pity TV3 on Saorview is not HD or that RTE didn't get the Irish rights.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I think the TV3 promo's have been better than the ITV ones over here

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

My favourite RTÉ promo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Jenno's vague resemblance to Alan Quinlan has caused me to write him off as a pundit before he's even started.

dregin wrote: »
    Jenno's vague resemblance to Alan Quinlan has caused me to write him off as a pundit before he's even started.

He's alright

http://www.balls.ie/rugby/241508-daire-obrien-slip-rte/241508

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

dregin wrote: »

He should be good for positizing some of the finer points of the dark arts

• Advertisement

My favourite RTÉ promo

That was excellent but I think that's the one everything TV3 make will be judged against, even though can anyone remember any other RTE promo's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

My favourite RTÉ promo

Jesus. i think ill miss that silly old sod McGuirk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

sjb25 wrote: »

Stringer: boring. Jennings: boring. Woody: Ligind. MacNeil: Mr Pomposity. Barnes: "Barnsey". Byrne: he still has Mullet. impossible not to like Shane.
    Blonde bimbo: meh...she will prob wreck my head.

SO'B Speaking. Getting geared up. & Clips of him running around in beast mode rescues this add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

No need for sexism/misogny here, we'll have no more terms like blonde bimbo thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Stringer: boring. Jennings: boring. Woody: Ligind. MacNeil: Mr Pomposity. Barnes: "Barnsey". Byrne: he still has Mullet. impossible not to like Shane.
    Blonde bimbo: meh...she will prob wreck my head.

SO'B Speaking. Getting geared up. & Clips of him running around in beast mode rescues this add.

Dont watch it so, nobody forcing you too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Jenno will be good. He is direct and uncompromising and doesnt suffer eejits, neither is he into self promotion.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Jenno will be good. He is direct and uncompromising and doesnt suffer eejits, neither is he into self promotion.

He done a few podcasts I heard and sounded decent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

remember what happend the last time tv3 had rights to the world cup in 2007 ???. Anyway work pending ill prob watch the ireland games in the pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

PTH2009 wrote: »
    remember what happend the last time tv3 had rights to the world cup in 2007 ???. Anyway work pending ill prob watch the ireland games in the pub

No what happened?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Synode wrote: »
    No what happened?

Nothing, NOTHING Happened. You hear me :P

*Im guessing he is referring to the v poor performance we had after going in with HUGE expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

PTH2009 wrote: »

And how is the tv channel that carries the rights in any way relevant to how Ireland do in the tournament????? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Synode wrote: »
    No what happened?

We had the most difficult pool going, the mighty Nambia and Georgia followed by such minnows as France and Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lbj666

molloyjh wrote: »
    And how is the tv channel that carries the rights in any way relevant to how Ireland do in the tournament????? :confused:

The same way Ryle Nugent was blamed for the loss against Wales in 2011, Huge Cahill commentator for all the pool games.

If Ireland do really though , its gonna to be a bit crap hearing it from Conor McNamara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

It's a well-known fact that the punch-up between Mal O'Kelly and Alan Quinlan which soured relations in the camp started because Quinlan said Matt Cooper was a better anchor than Tom McGurk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,767 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

It's a well-known fact that the punch-up between Mal O'Kelly and Alan Quinlan which soured relations in the camp started because Quinlan said Matt Cooper was a better anchor than Tom McGurk.

Is that why Quinny never says anything controversial anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is that why Quinny never says anything controversial anymore?

Except when he gives Zebo man of the match awards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

at least they've gone HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

lawred2 wrote: »
    at least they've gone HD

For some

Elmo wrote: »
    For some

Who hasn't got HD? Saorview?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

lawred2 wrote: »
    Who hasn't got HD? Saorview?

Eircom eVision too.

• Advertisement

Eircom eVision too.

so it's only Sky and UPC

ffs

Eircom eVision too.

If you actually have eVision you deserve not to have HD :P

It should be available on Saorview, is there any specific reason why they haven't released it? You would think it would benefit them to have it available to as many people as possible for the WC

Charge more for advertisements etc as they are in HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    If you actually have eVision you deserve not to have HD :P

It should be available on Saorview, is there any specific reason why they haven't released it?
    You would think it would benefit them to have it available to as many people as possible for the WC

Charge more for advertisements etc as they are in HD

Transmission fees are probably the main reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

What's all this about? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭jacothelad

With regard to receiving satellite signals, it's possible to buy a Freeview box from Amazon or ebay for about £15.00 or from anywhere in N.I. such as Lidl for example or any electrical outlet, that when connected to your satellite dish will give you all the FTA channels from the UK quite legally. You can then watch ITV/ UTV plus all the variants of BBC.
    You can also buy a second hand Sky box for about £10.00 on Gumtree which will do the same. When I go on holiday to a cottage we use in West Cork every autumn, I take my Sky box with me and get all my Sky channels so I don't miss any of the games.

Advertisement