Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego The Hobbit

Options
  • 12-04-2014 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Reviews for this are slow to come through to metacritic.
    It is susposed to have been released on the 8th, has this game been out in the shops all week?

For anyone here that has played it, is it a replica of of all the other lego games in terms of puzzles? (Not that is a bad thing, i love the lego games! :))

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's pretty much a replica of past games. Elements from the Lego Movie game, such as the find the part minigame are repeated, and are more of a repetitive chore. Like the past LoTR Lego games it suffers from being too close to the movie, making it something you've all seen before.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Backfire

Spear wrote: »
    It's pretty much a replica of past games. Elements from the Lego Movie game, such as the find the part minigame are repeated, and are more of a repetitive chore. Like the past LoTR Lego games it suffers from being too close to the movie, making it something you've all seen before.

Is the storyline of all 3 hobbit movies in the game?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Backfire wrote: »
    Is the storyline of all 3 hobbit movies in the game?

No, it's just the first movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's the first two, I believe, as Smaug is quite prominent on the front cover.

chrislad wrote: »
    It's the first two, I believe, as Smaug is quite prominent on the front cover.

Yup, I just came back to say that. It does cover Desolation of Smaug as well.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Yup, I just came back to say that. It does cover Desolation of Smaug as well.

Strange to release the game based on 2 out of the 3 movies. Why not wait until all 3 movies have been released and make one game on the whole series?

So its all about money and I presume they will make a sequel based on the 3rd movie alone?

Strange to release the game based on 2 out of the 3 movies. Why not wait until all 3 movies have been released and make one game on the whole series?

So its all about money and I presume they will make a sequel based on the 3rd movie alone?

I'd hazard a guess it was due to the content available. To round out the character choices to the level of a normal lego game they had to exploit parts such as Laketown quite a bit. Part 1 alone didn't have the variety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Reviews for this are slow to come through to metacritic.

because people are starting to get sick of writing the exact same review over and over and over again for lego games

COYVB wrote: »
    because people are starting to get sick of writing the exact same review over and over and over again for lego games

Cant that same argument be applied to fifa or call of duty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Cant that same argument be applied to fifa or call of duty?

They don't release 3-4 games a year that haven't changed, at all, in half a decade though. The Lego games are super fun, but they're the same game every single time with a different story, and there's way too many of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

NEVER understood the appeal of these games. Absolutely uninspiring, not even good in a mindless way.

Well i enjoy them, particularly in 2 player couch co-op.
    Anyway we all know they are aimed at kids, who must enjoy them as parents must be buying them since they keep making lego games.

Anyway, back on topic about this particular hobbit game, is the style of character movement similar as to lego the movie game. Or did they revert to the usual feel to the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

They did something similar with Indiana Jones. They released one with the first three films. When the fourth came out, they released a sequel that included the new content and a lot of the original game was also included, albeit slightly modified.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

might get this for me and the nephew... although he didn't like the talking in the lord of the rings one.

Well i played some of this game this evening, couch co-op with a friend, and i have to say its enjoyable. More of the same i know but a few nice touches such as gathering resources needed to build things, giving incentive to smash everything up.

Advertisement