Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New cycle café

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

This thread is like an Episode of 'Lost'.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

A decent cup of tea. Loose leaf! Many coffee shops forget the tea and just have manky tea bags and a jug of milk. Won't require much effort

Nice cake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 artengo

Carpenter wrote: »
    Hi Colm
    You would be opening in a good spot there but as you will see in a week or two that garage is re opening contact me on strava chap I have to be very careful what I put up here .

Jesus christ I dont think you have to be that careful. Boards cycling forum is full of threads started to wish a bussiness well or thank them for good service etc. These threads have full details and website addresses.
    So will you please just let us know where the place is or Im boycotting when it does open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭happytramp

Here Mods. Can the guy just tell us about the cafe? Can we just take it that it's not advertising and that it's something we're all interested in and have been talking about for a long time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭omri

happytramp wrote: »
    Here Mods. Can the guy just tell us about the cafe? Can we just take it that it's not advertising and that it's something we're all interested in and have been talking about for a long time?

Plus its not as if all of a sudden one of "us" will open "his" own place in that spot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭531

happytramp wrote: »

Mods, where are you? If you don't answer soon I'll make a derogatory and defamatory remark about someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

A few points guys. Firstly, if you want mod attention, please PM us. We are volunteers, all of us have plenty to be doing both on and off Boards, so please be patient.

It looks like there'll be mutiny, so Carpenter you may post the location if you wish.

Everyone, I need you to be crystal clear about this. Stop pressuring Carpenter for details. This is a very delicate area rules-wise, and it could have serious ramifications for him. Go the prison forum if you think that people don't get banned for promoting their friend's business. I'm not trying to be a spoil-sport or anything else, I'm trying to look out for Carpenter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Lads if I could say where it is believe me I would tell all (It is a friend that is opening it so any help can only do him good) but I have being told I cannot advertise it here .

OK pm me and I will give the location that way I am not advertising here and please keep the ideas flowing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

Stock some bike spares i.e. tubes, tyre levers, mini pumps, chain oil....ave an air and power hose outside..

Facility outside so bikes can be securely locked while riders are inside enjoying their carbs

Oh and a big lemon meringue pie :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭duffyshuffle

Sun cream dispenser beside the soap in the jacks to re apply then wash hands before heading back out, be nice to get sweaty cream gunk off, have coffee then re apply to cycle home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭sbs2010

And WiFi - so people can post a load of nonsense about their new bike, the aggressive squirrel they met etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

stock the same carrot cake that they have on the Orwell Randonee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

Perhaps you could throw the location up on the cycling pit stop map on google - just list it as opening in a few weeks/months.
    Map is here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Good coffee.
    Free wifi.
    Lots of seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭daragh_

A bouncer who won't admit you unless you've done at least 100k.

No cars, unless they are support cars.

A weighing scales at the door.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Protien/energy shakes. :P

Good secure place to lock the bike is a must. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Had a nice cup of tea and a bicky here today...though I did have to bring him a sambo..place is lookin good and had a smell of the coffee beans...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Free Cervelos, Scarlett Johannson, a helicopter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sedohre

Would be great to have a workshop for people to fix their own bikes the way Rothar Fade st do, the charge €5 an hour and supply tools & free coffee!

Wifi is a must.
    Excellent Coffee.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement