Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of buying in Monread, Naas

Options
  • 12-04-2014 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey all,

Looking for some advice. Myself and my husband are hoping to buy in Naas and we are looking at the Monread area due to its proximity to the N7 to Dublin and also the train station.

We went to see a house in Dun na Riogh on Wednesday night which seems very nice. Can anyone tell me a bit about this area or if there are any estates to avoid?

Thanks
    Morrigan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

All good in Monread Area at the moment. Some kids hang around the park after dark, which is normal. Very easy access to TESCO EXTRA and the shops there but also a short walk to Naas Town from DnR.
    The Gym beside the park is nice too.

Hope that helps.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Nice spot to live. I bought here 2 years ago. Good sense of community, loads of babysitters on your doorstep too. A 10 minute walk into town. The park is a big bonus, we use it every day for walking, kicking a ball and having a small picnic. A beautician, chemist and Chinese right beside us too, not to mention the gym and bike shop. Shop, pub, dry cleaners, butcher and bookies just down a bit too. Big creche at the gym too, spaces fill up fast though.

What else you want to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

follow up on beertons comments above...living in Gleann na Riogh for 18yrs which is beside Dun na Riogh. Location is excellent as far as I'm concerned. Houses dont come up often in these estates so when a good one does in a good location, they usually get snapped up very quickly.
    Dun na Riogh seems to have a good residents setup aswell. They have as far as I know 2 clean up days a year and annual BBQ. Same builders as Gleann na Riogh and the houses are a very good standard from Bresc Estates.
    Every house though is only as good as its neighbours.
    Now would be a good time to check it out during the easter holidays as you will get a better feel for who is living nearby and next door.
    Best of luck and if you need any advice, just ask

Did you get the gaff? I see one in Dun na Riogh gone sale agreed in sherry fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 morrigan2014

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

No we didn't get the house in Dun na Riogh. The last we heard it had gone over the asking price by €52k. The "good" times are back and it's bad news for FTBs!

There is a house up for sale 18 Monread Gardens that we will probably go and have a look at. It's up for €185k. It needs a bit of work but it could have a lot of potential.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear. You are the second person this week that I heard was outbid by a good amount. Since Kerry group started work, rents have gone up 200/300 a house nearly. And more I imagine. That one in monread gardens is nice too.

• Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

Only advice I'd give anyone buying in Monread triangle is check out the house in the evening once everyone has arrived home from work. In some cul-de-sacs you won't get parking as the 4 bed house rented next door will have 4 cars outside.
    If you've kids your ideally going to want a home that overlooks a green otherwise it's easy to lose sight of them.
    Get in now if you can as homes are not going to get cheaper once the 800 jobs open up in Glanbia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

No we didn't get the house in Dun na Riogh. The last we heard it had gone over the asking price by €52k. The "good" times are back and it's bad news for FTBs!

There is a house up for sale 18 Monread Gardens that we will probably go and have a look at. It's up for €185k. It needs a bit of work but it could have a lot of potential.

just check out the house in Monread in the evening time. Some of them near the shops, chipper and you will find a lot of teenagers hanging around

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Morrigan. I know of a house in Lakeside Park, Naas in need of a bit of work for sale. My friend hasn't put it on the market yet but is thinking of doing so shortly. As far as i know, it is a great area and would have a lot of potential going forward. Might be worth a look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

lakeside park is at the other end of naas , isnt it ?Which would be a better location ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

For ease of access to N7 for those commuting in Dublin direction, Monread is on the right side

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SMcDDB

Location wise Monread is fine but imo lakeside is a better area and a better investment due to its proximity to the town and the hospital. Both are good areas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

What's better about it, other than being a 10 minutes walk as opposed to a 15-20?

Advertisement