Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student loans and credit cards

Options
  • 12-04-2014 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all just wondering what the situation is for student loans. Are banks more reserved when it comes to giving a loan to students post recession? I was recently offered a credit card and I'm a PhD student. I gave it back because I can't afford it yet but I know many undergraduate students have availed of the offer. Do banks generally see students (dependent on the course) a good investment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Yedya

I guess it depends on the course,your parents income and if you have your own bills.Ie kids

But I'm not that knowledgeable..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

I know our course is seen as a preferred course or something like that. We get special interest free loans for up to 4 years. BOI seem pretty sound when it comes to lending. I've got roughly 8k worth of credit available from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    I know our course is seen as a preferred course or something like that. We get special interest free loans for up to 4 years. BOI seem pretty sound when it comes to lending. I've got roughly 8k worth of credit available from them.

Just be careful you don't get into trouble with them though. I did 5 years ago and they were an absolute nightmare to deal with!

Advertisement