Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Child Vaccination

Options
  • 12-04-2014 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

What is the safest age to start vaccination? What are the rates vaccinated vs unvaccinated children in Ireland? I just wonder, isn`t a two month old little body too vulnerable to start vaccination.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

kory1 wrote: »
    What is the safest age to start vaccination? What are the rates vaccinated vs unvaccinated children in Ireland? I just wonder, isn`t a two month old little body too vulnerable to start vaccination.

I don't think the people of Galway are the best to ask. I think those are questions for your doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭jkforde

kory1 wrote: »

there's a national vaccination programme and your baby will be invited to get his/her vaccinations via that programme.... it's free, very comprehensive and up-to-date..... ask your doctor and/or public health nurse (you'll be automatically assigned a PHN by the HSE)

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

And it's absolutely essential to participate in that programme, in order to protect your child and your community from serious and entirely preventable illnesses. As the father of two little ones myself I understand the feeling of your child being small and vulnerable, but vaccination is what will protect her, not harm her.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Medical advice is not given on the Galway city forum, or boards.ie at all generally.
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement