Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign Phone scam

Options
  • 12-04-2014 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Can i block international phone number from ringing the house. Getting a few calls looking to fix my laptop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭lifeandtimes

jimmy180sx wrote: »
    Can i block international phone number from ringing the house. Getting a few calls looking to fix my laptop?
    Nope you can only report the number,think the number is 1800-689689

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi [font=Calibri","sans-serif]jimmy180sx[/font]

The above post from lifeandtimes is correct - the number for malicious calls bureau is indeed 1800689689

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 39 papajohn12

Yes, you can. You can simply download a call blocker app and add the phone number you wish to stop from calling. 

• Registered Users Posts: 39 papajohn12

There's one at www.callercenter.com. I got the app on my Samsung recently and added telemarketer phone numbers to my block list. And so far, no telemarketing calls yet. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

papajohn12 wrote: »
    There's one at www.callercenter.com. I got the app on my Samsung recently and added telemarketer phone numbers to my block list. And so far, no telemarketing calls yet. 
    Thanks for the advice papajohn12 - I'll take not of this, however this would not work for on landlines.

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement